“Tabu Grill”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed May 25, 2014

What a fantastic way to spend a Friday evening with the love of my life. Professional staff, friendly advice & lovely atmosphere. Could see the Friday evening cocktail specials were a huge hit to many, once this was over it quietened down and the atmosphere was relaxing. Special dining experience indeed. Almost felt like we were back in Bangkok having a superb time. The initial order had a small glitch & the Cape Millay curry had way too much salt in the sauce, but all round a highly recommended place to dine. Not cheap, but indeed a value for money! The cheese board is the best we have eaten in Port Elizabeth. Thanks for an awesome evening, the Mc Donald's will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear MackyDs,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Fantastic views from our room on the 14th floor to Cape Recief. Local shops and the sea just a short walk away.

Bathroom layout was odd with no wall to the bedroom. Separate cubicles for WC and shower but the bath was open plan so, if you prefer bath make sure you are sharing with a friend!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear SteveMG,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed most of your stay with us here at the Hotel.

I noted your comments about the room layout and admit that is can be rather odd as you mentioned especially if you are sharing the room with a friend. We are looking into ways of changing this configuration in the not too distant future.

That said, it still makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed several times at this hotel and I must say that it has been consistent in delivering great service. It is truly exemplary of a five star treatment and it being a business hotel it surely live us up to that title.

It does slightly come off as being a little too clinical, and misses a bit of the warmth that one would need when they're away from home. But with that said, every room has breathtaking views of the sea and this in a way does give the hotel some huge credibility.

It doesn't entice me as the type of hotel where I would bring my family for a week away but as a business hotel, it surely is the best in town.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Loyiso,

Many thanks for the great review as posted here on TripAdvisor yesterday. I must admit I am a great fan of you and also that act that you are part of and it was and also always is, an honour and extreme pleasure to have you stay here.

Please do not hesitate to let me know when next you come and stay which I trust will be soonest.

All the best and kind regards

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel has got fantastic rooms and breath-taking views and a superb location - right by the beach, close to the airport and very close to Boardwalk. Unfortunately we were there only for a day.This hotel offers tremendous value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Siddharth S,

the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

There are pluses and minuses of this hotel. The primary plus is the location which is close to a beautiful beach in the nicest area of the city. My girlfriend and I chose this hotel because it was a recognizable chain which would bring safety (which was right). The service wasn't good but the room was nice and the upper outdoor bar was fantastic.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear JMGCalgary,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed most of your stay with us here at the Hotel.

I was a bit disappointed to note your comment about the service levels and will ensure my team is notified so that we can fix what needs to be fixed.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at this place in April 2014. It is stones throw away from the beach and the rooms offer breathtaking views of the ocean. the boardwalk casino is just 15 minutes walk from this place. Though we stayed here just for a night, a transit point for our garden route journey, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: From what I know all rooms offer ocean view, but higher the better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Jayshah84,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu in Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future to come and enjoy the view again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I had a week holiday on south africa through cape town to johannesburg, this hotel was the best one. I think it was old hotel, but room newly refurbished. Lighting on the room tend to bright, no separation between bathroom and bed, very nice idea. Also wifi on High speed. My room also facing the beach. Breakfast with ideal variety, but tasted good. My complain to this hotel only the lift, which we have to wait quite long when the hotel busy.

Stayed: May 2014
DesmondOC, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Traveler,

That said, it still makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

Desmond

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
#11 of 13 in Summerstrand

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!