“Great business hotel!!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great business hotel!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed several times at this hotel and I must say that it has been consistent in delivering great service. It is truly exemplary of a five star treatment and it being a business hotel it surely live us up to that title.

It does slightly come off as being a little too clinical, and misses a bit of the warmth that one would need when they're away from home. But with that said, every room has breathtaking views of the sea and this in a way does give the hotel some huge credibility.

It doesn't entice me as the type of hotel where I would bring my family for a week away but as a business hotel, it surely is the best in town.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Loyiso,

Many thanks for the great review as posted here on TripAdvisor yesterday. I must admit I am a great fan of you and also that act that you are part of and it was and also always is, an honour and extreme pleasure to have you stay here.

Please do not hesitate to let me know when next you come and stay which I trust will be soonest.

All the best and kind regards

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai, India
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel has got fantastic rooms and breath-taking views and a superb location - right by the beach, close to the airport and very close to Boardwalk. Unfortunately we were there only for a day.This hotel offers tremendous value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Siddharth S,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

There are pluses and minuses of this hotel. The primary plus is the location which is close to a beautiful beach in the nicest area of the city. My girlfriend and I chose this hotel because it was a recognizable chain which would bring safety (which was right). The service wasn't good but the room was nice and the upper outdoor bar was fantastic.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JMGCalgary,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed most of your stay with us here at the Hotel.

I was a bit disappointed to note your comment about the service levels and will ensure my team is notified so that we can fix what needs to be fixed.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at this place in April 2014. It is stones throw away from the beach and the rooms offer breathtaking views of the ocean. the boardwalk casino is just 15 minutes walk from this place. Though we stayed here just for a night, a transit point for our garden route journey, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: From what I know all rooms offer ocean view, but higher the better.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Jayshah84,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu in Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future to come and enjoy the view again.

surabaya
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I had a week holiday on south africa through cape town to johannesburg, this hotel was the best one. I think it was old hotel, but room newly refurbished. Lighting on the room tend to bright, no separation between bathroom and bed, very nice idea. Also wifi on High speed. My room also facing the beach. Breakfast with ideal variety, but tasted good. My complain to this hotel only the lift, which we have to wait quite long when the hotel busy.

Stayed May 2014
DesmondOC, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Traveler,

That said, it still makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Although I was not terribly happy with my room, I did get glimpses of other rooms which looked very luxurious. I was surprised to find only a small selection of TV channels available -- and an empty minibar! My room also had an "open plan" bathroom, which could be awkward for 2 people sharing who might not even be in a relationship. The glass dividers in the bathroom had lots of streaks on them which gave the impression the bathroom was not cleaned well enough. The views from the windows over the sea and beach are great. I had room service for dinner (being on my own) and found the service very good but the food wasn't great. The bed was extremely comfortable and the lighting in the bedroom was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Zuretha R,

Thank you for the review as posted here on TripAdvisor. We value you feedback as it assists us in addressing those areas in our Hotel that need some fixing.

That said, I am still delighted that you enjoyed most of yoru stay here.

We look forward to your next visit.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We arrived at the hotel early afternoon I parked the car outside the entrance and I then went in to check in. Firstly I was left standing by check-in for a number of minutes with check in staff looking at me. Then a female member of staff who had seen me standing there for a number of minutes asked was I ok, I informed her I wished to check in and then she began the process. I should say there was no one else being checked in at this time.

I was then handed the key without being told what room number I was in. I then had to ask this female where I should park the car, her answer to this was in the car park she never told me where the car park was. Then I asked her if there was a lift by the car park so I could bring my bags up to my room and she just smiled.
After I went out and moved the car to the car park and took our suit cases out and we both wheeled them into the lobby, passed about 4 members of staff and again no one asked us if we needed help with our bags. I just found the service at lobby/ reception area very poor. We stayed in the Radisson blu in Cape Town the week before and our experience here was totally different to the Radisson blu in Port Elizabeth.

Yes the view from our room was very good but like a previous viewer our shower leaked out onto the floor which in turn made the bathroom area very slippery.

I will say the rest of the staff were excellent but this hotel was left down by the reception staff.

My only other complaint is the menu for dinner in the restaurant did not have a great selection but the food we did get was very good.

The choice for breakfast was good and wide ranging.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark C
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Mark C,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth as your residence whilst visiting our beautiful city.

I have noted your challenges and will ensure I address these with my team. This in turn will assist us in improving the areas where it is lacking.

That said, it was also nice to note that in general you had a good stay.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
#12 of 13 in Summerstrand

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!