“Radisson Blue - Port Elizabeth (SA)”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Radisson Blue - Port Elizabeth (SA)”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is one of the most stunning hotels in South Africa. The hotel has beautiful views and easy to access from anywhere. Hotel staff is always friendly and also provides superb service. A few minutes drive from the airport. Top class hotel and most definitely value for money.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Joy B,

Many thanks for your kind words about our Hotel. Come visit soon again.

Desmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Indonesian first
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a lovely stay at this hotel.They proved their 5 star rating when they went out of ther way to make me something, although simple, that was not even on the menu. I received very good service and was welcomed with very friendly staff. However I was dissapointed to find my bathroom floor covered with water after I showered and an aircon that was not fully functional. Overall I enjoyed my shortstay and wished to stay longer.

Dear David0417,

Thank you for the update here on TripAdvisor, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here and have noted your comments about the shower and aircon. I'll look into these.

Look forward to your next visit.

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I must first say that the service definitely improved at the Hotel.
Last time: Asked for a highest floor room possible Got the lowest.
This Time: Asked for two highest floor rooms possible: Got it. Was very happy

Last Time: Restaurant service was very poor.
This Time: The waiters attended to my table on a regular basis.

Asked for an early check in as I was arriving 09:00. Thought that it would not be possible, but the GM assured me that they will try their best. I checked in at 09:40. This was outstanding service.

When there is good client service like this then people will feel guilty not visiting again.

Keep up the good service.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better sea view. Rooms on the left side of the hotel entrance catches more sun wh...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Werner D,

Thank you for letting me know that you have seen an improvement on our service delivery. This is an ongoing process and without your or any other guests' comments we do not know where we can improve.

So please keep up the commentary and let me know whether you feel we need to improve or as is the case here want to let us know we are doing well.

Johaneesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Value for money, with professionalism and comfort part of the deal. Well catered and unforgettable sea views make this trip a memorable one for any person young and old. Spa is well equipped and staff are extremely knowledgeable. All of which results in me wanting to just stay a little longer, if only my schedule would permit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Kajee Z,

Thank you for the review you recently posted on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback and my team and I are delighted to have read that you enjoyed yoru time with us here.

As JHB is only a short flight away we suggest you come see us again soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked the hotel due to its webpage adverts as well my great experience at the Radisson Blue Gautrain in Johannesburg.

The hotel is greatly located on the ocean and if you have a room at the upper floor you enjoy the view. unfortunately that's all of excitement I had. As mentioned in many reviews the bathroom and toilet within the room are something to get used to - no privacy really. Breakfast service is beyond any 5 or 4 star standard. Employees are more busy chatting and clearing up than serving coffee or assisting in any other way. To get a cappuccino will take a while..

The misleading poll deck pictures on the hotels webpage are a disappointment when you intend to go to the pool. No pool chairs had ever been added during my 5 days stay. Asking an employee he simply answered, yes they are not there. Watch out with wrong charges on your evening bill at the hotel bar.

All in all it was disappointing on service qualities and attention to detail. Management could not bother.

Room Tip: ask for the higher floors
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Arthold
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Arthold,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. I must admit your review saddened me.

Please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves, and I am sure you are accustomed to. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and will be addressed accordingly and measures are being put into place to ensure that we lift the bar once more.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth and with this in mind please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and I.

Desmond O’Connor
GENERAL MANAGER
cape town, South Africa
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Radisson Blu in Port Elizabeth is an excellent choice for all who visit the city. Stunning views with the beach accross the road. No traffic noise. THe hotel offers a friendly and professional service and is always clean. The facilities are great and the rates are not exhorbitant

Dear Eugenie M,

We are delighted that yo enjoyed your visit with us here. As you live so close by we really hope that you will pop in again and soon. The coffee is being kept warm and your room is ready. All you have to do is arrive.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located in Summerstrand, 10 minutes away from the airport.
You have the sea just down the hotel, beautiful beach and safe.
Many restaurants are within walking distance, the hotel offers a shuttle to the broadwalk.

Rooms are spacious enough, nice bathroom. Try to get a high floor with sea view for great pictures.

The service is pretty good, staff smiling. Breakfast offers everything you need.
The swimming pool is ok and overlooks the sea.
The restaurant is really good if you want to have dinner and is not overpriced.
The fitness is nice, facing the sea.

There is no executive lounge for Club Carlson members.

Overall, we had a really good stay, very good Radisson

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pitt1912

Many thanks for your lovely review of our Hotel. I really appreciate your feedback especially regarding the Club Carlson Lounge. We have noted this and have actually started to implement one and have the perfect spot for it in the Hotel. Once again thanks.

Desmond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
#12 of 13 in Summerstrand

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!