“Lovely place...”

and 1 more site!
The Foley
Ranked #1 of 1 Claygate B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed for one night and found the hotel to be really nice. Excellent décor... great friendly welcome. All the staff were very friendly, food in the restaurant was lovely and service was very good.... One draw back.... arrived late afternoon and my room was freezing. You have to put your key card in to activate the electricity & heating. Once you leave the room and take your card out the electricity goes off and so does the heating. I did go and ask for another card as I needed the room to be warm which the chap at reception gladly gave me. I travel a lot and am use to arriving to a hotel with a warm room. I dread to think how cold the room would be in the middle of winter when you arrive.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Chose this hotel for the weekend because of it's proximity to Sandown Racecourse, however iwould happily come again even without a trip to the races. The interior design of each room is excellent and little touches, such as a low level night light in the bathroom,and fresh milk in the fridge for in-room tea and coffee, all add up to a very pleasant environment. The staff are also extremely pleasant and helpful and the inclusive breakfast was freshly made to order and delicious. Recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The rooms at the Foley are clean and modern. We had a perfect stay - the staff, with special mention to Richard, were very helpful. We found the food and service at the restaurant perfectly fine (compared to some of the reviews we read) and the breakfast is excellent. Very easy access to London just a few minutes walk to the station. We highly recommend it if you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at The Foley whilst on business at Sandown Racecourse. I stayed on a Saturday on a very reasonable rate of £102 bed and breakfast. On arrival I followed the signs to reception to check in, however there was a sign saying reception was closed and please go to the bar. This was no surprise to me as I had received a very polite voicemail message earlier on that day explaining the circumstances. I walked through to the bar where a very friendly waitress gave me my key and told me all the necessary information. I was unsure of my dinner plans at this point, having read some of the negative reviews on here I wasn't sure if I wanted to dine in the pub so asked if it was necessary to book. I was told they would recommend to book however as I was just one they would fit me in if needed. I went to find my room (room 6) and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was very modern and spacious with a lovely bath and shower and large double bed. It was great to see that fresh milk was provided for tea and coffee within the room instead of those silly little UHT pots. The only thing that let the room down was the housekeeping. It wasn't dirty but it wasn't 100% clean. There were a few stray hairs in the bathroom and the bedroom carpet could have had a better hoover. This didn't put me off and I wouldn't want you to read this and be out off. I have stayed in much worse, it is just something they could improve on. The only other thing I would have liked to have seen in the room would have been complimentary water, there was water in the mini bar which you could purchase but I would expect, even if it is only bottled tap water, some water along with the tea and coffee so you don't have to use the bathroom tap to drink from. I was tired and didn't want to go out for dinner so went down to the pub just after 7 expecting it to be quiet. How wrong I was, it was very busy with all the staff running around. The same waitress that checked me in came over and I asked for a table of one. I could see this was a problem but true to her word she found me a table. I then had a very nice dinner, service was good and price reasonable. After dinner I then had a quick drink in the bar and went off to bed. Overnight the room was quiet and the bed comfortable, I slept very well. The next morning breakfast was of good quality and set me up ready for a busy day ahead. The friendly receptionist checked me out and I was on my way. Overall my experience was very good and I would return if on business.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Crf445
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

A well designed and comfortable hotel. A touch above the normal chains. Well equipped room including features like internet dab radio, plus tasteful decor. Cafetierre and proper coffee was a welcome inclusion.
Professional and helpful staff.
Meal was good with an excellent menu with decent ingredients.
Recommended

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed three nights on a business trip. Excellent quality rooms, good reception service, and good ambience in the restaurant and bar areas. Restuarant food was good but not exceptional, could be better. Would definitely book it again - good value at leas than £100 a night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

love this restaurant and pub - great palce to go and lovely food - i would advise to book as ALWAYS busy but thats because its so good :O)
the menu choice is lovely, traditional pub with a few favs - always a winner

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claygate
Premier Inn Chessington Hotel
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#3 of 4 in Cobham
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to The Foley? Share your experiences!