“Overrated, inconsistent”

Nataz Restaurant & Catering
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Second time here. First time was OK, but husbands meal was great. So we gave it another try.

Ordered oysters, they were not fresh and smelled minutes from going off. Salad contained precut/prepackaged romaine that smelled like a plastic bag. Lobster "risotto" while it tasted great, was not made with the proper rice so the texture was terrible and as a result was thickened with way too much butter and cream. My daughter's meatball was impossible to cut and therefore too tough to eat. My "medium rare" lamb chops were well done, dry and tasteless. Mashed potatoes were definetly not fresh and vegetables were flavorless.

Dessert was marginal. Flourless chocolate torte was covered in hershey's syrup. Server forgot husband's coffee.

The atmosphere is like eating in someone's poorly decorated ranch home. It was loud, crowded. They don't have central air, so if you get stuck next to the air conditioner in the window, good luck having a conversation.

This place is terribly overrated and a complete scam. Nataz lures customers in with its Prix fixe menu and 'value.' But if the food you're paying for is of low quality in a crummy atmosphere, how much of a value can it be?

3  Thank travelmommaCT

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have been there twice. The first time my meal was very good but they under cooked the other steaks and the salads did not have what they listed on the men. We decided to give it a second chance and went back. The apps. were good. The salad was not washed and had grit in mine. I sent it back. We were the second customers seated that evening and other tables were seated well after us. Our meals were served after theres and we were told the kitchen was backed up so we had to wait. Our orders were placed even before these other people came in and were seated. several tables were served complimentary apps. and we were just expected to sit and wait with no appologies. We had to wait for drink refills as the wait staff never acknowledged the empty drink glasses. When the meals finally arrived I made a comment to the waitress that the meals were incinsistent from the first time we were there. She just walked away. The steaks wer over cooked, the mashed potatoes were like soup, the bernaise sauce and peppercorn sauce on the steaks had no flavor and appeared to be watered down to make them stretch. The desserts consisted primarily of cheese items which is not acceptable for guests that are unable to have dairy. They should have some kind of an option for people other that cheese cake, canoli pie tort with a cheese filling, etc. I have to pay the same price whether they have the items or not. Definately NOT what we got the first time. I think if you tell them this is your first time there you get abetter meal. However my husband and my family will not go back as the meal and the service was just that BAD!!!

1  Thank SuePM
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our second time at Nataz. Both times that we went all our salads were different. Some had most of the items mentioned on the menu others only had lettuce and grapes, which is very noticeable when you have multiple diners at the same table. When we inquired we were told they ran out. We went for 5:30 so I find it hard to believe that they ran out of salad fixins that early. The second time we went was on mothers day. I understand it was a busy evening but we had a reservation for 5:30 for 7 people. Something was apparently wrong with our reservation because it took three people to find a location to seat us and then they sat us at a table that would have only sat 5 comfortably. The extra two of us that they squeezed in had waitstaff hitting our chairs every time they needed to get to the other tables. It is definitely unorganized. The only reason I would go back is because their food is good.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've eaten here several times and am never disappointed.

Nataz is a BYOB restarant that offers a pre-fix dinner for $25 per person. They start you off with an antipasta or fresh mozzarella with tomato and fresh basil. Then you have their lovely salad, with pears and walnuts. For entrees I had the Lobster pasta dish. Chunks of lobster meat over angel hair pasta with a delicate sauce. On of our guests had the Zuppa de Pesce and said it was fabulous. The steaks were cooked just right. Finishing things off we had our choice of desserts, NY style cheesecake, a lemon cake, flourless chocolate cake among some others. We all left feeling very full.

They do charge a $2 per person uncorking fee, but it's a drop in the bucket considering how much you get for their set price.

1  Thank Andrea A
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've eaten and Nataz on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. They offer a fixed price 4-course meal for just $25 (as of Sept. 2012). Salad is generally their choice but appetizer, main, and dessert have multiple choices. All have been excellent. They do also offer some ala carte appetizers.

This is a BYOB place but there corkage fee is very low. We suspect the fact that they don't have a bar and associated license and insurance costs is what keeps the overall price of the restaurant low.

We generally go twice a year which is all we're in the area and will keep going back.

It can be a bit noisy.

Reservations recommended on Friday and Saturday.