“EXCELLANT VALUE” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nataz Restaurant & Catering

Nataz Restaurant & Catering
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Branford, Connecticut
“EXCELLANT VALUE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We went last week and it was very good. The selection is limited however very adaquit. The service was polite, friendly, and she knew everything about the foods. Atmosphere is limited however it is a fun place to go. Very casual evening.

Visited May 2012

Guilford, Connecticut
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Four of us dined at Nataz on a Saturday evening. Seated promptly at our reservation time. Parking lot was full. $25 fixed prix menue was much more extensive than I thought it would be. Appetizer was slices of mozzerella, tomato with basil and good. The choice of entrees was more extensive than I expected. I ordered the rack of lamb, my partner the double thick veal chop and our friends the pork loin and a steak. A nice salad was served prior to the arrival of the entrees. The entrees were cooked just as we ordered them. One drawback was that the mashed potatoes and vegetables were luke warm not hot.
The desert list had several items and the tiramisu was very good.
Another drawback is the noise level. Low ceilings contributed to problem and it was difficult to carry on a conversation as voices throughout the dining room increased in volume. Bring your own bottle- the corkage fee is $1.95 per person.
Overall a good experience and I think I'll try a weekday evening when it may not be so crowded.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Connecticut
“Nataz delivers great food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nataz is one of those places where there is no menu, you get a 4 course meal at a fixed price of $25 with appetizers being $7.95 each. You bring your own wine and they add a $1.95 corking charge...whoopee... What you get is an amazing meal of the highest quality and quantity. The ingredients are top notch and absolutely fresh. I had the Zuppa de Pesce (Clams, Scallops, Shrimp, Calamari, Squid, & Mussels over penne pasta. It comes with your choice of 3 sauces, I chose the Fra Diavlo (spicy marinara). What a meal...incredibly delicious and the shrimp were huge. My wife had the coconut encrusted pork chop. Also outstanding. The cheese tray, salad, and desert were also very good in rounding out the 4 course meal. The whole dinner came to $57.95....just unreal. Service was also friendly and excellent. We will be going back at least once a month.

• Visited February 2012
Meriden, Connecticut
“Great food: 3 Course meals $25, can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Nataz is a great find. They serve steaks, fish, pasta, chicken, all "specials for the day". The offerings are recited for you by the wait staff. It's also BYOB. I think there may be a corkage fee but not sure. Reservations are accepted. We have eaten there 4-5 times over the course of 18-24 months. Each time our entire party was very satisfied with their meals. My guys are pretty picky about their filet mignon and it's been perfectly prepared each time. The location is in a small strip shopping building on Rt 80 in North Branford, Ct. We wish it was closer to us. We'd definitely be there more often. Love this place.

• Visited January 2012
Madison, Connecticut
“Fabulous with flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Nataz has a warm atmosphere with friendly staff who explain the menu... put on your listening ears! And if you don't hear something you like, Rick, the chef and owner, is happy to create something to your liking. We recently went with friends who needed a gluten-free entree and there were many choices. Nataz starts you off with wonderful warm bread with either a spicy oil dip or a sweet honey butter. You then get a small platter of interesting cheese choices or sliced mozzerella and tomato with balsamic and fresh basil. Then comes a delectable salad with all kinds of unique goodies on it. For the heartier appetites, you may also order an additional appetizer... our favorite is the calamari. Let me begin by saying, I'm not a calamari fan but my husband orders it everywhere we go. This squid is the most wonderful concoction I have ever tasted and is the only one I will eat... you'll just have to try it! Then if that's not enough, out comes your entree. All are served with a starch and vegetable but for those watching their carbs. Rick is happy to double up on the veggies. And did I mention dessert? If you happen to catch the coconut flan, you're in for a treat. The other desserts are good but not made there at the restaurant. So here's the cool part, you get all of this for only 25$. You can't beat the quality or price. This is a BYOB establishment and there is an uncorking fee or a soda/coffee charge. I have tried the seafood, steaks, pastas and chicken...all were superb. I also understand that for those who like zuppa di pesce, it's quite good. There is no one "kind" of food. You can go expecting some Italian/Asian/American flavors depending on your mood.

• Visited January 2012