“Ignore us”

Dalton's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have been loyal customers of Ludals and Dalton's for 15 years. We decided to have dinner at Dalton's tonight and were extremely disappointed. The bar tender was overwhelemed and no one acknowledged us. We waited 15 mins and left. We will think twice about returning since we have spent about $5000 per year and still get no respect!!!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great appetizers and generous entree portions. Great service. Get 50% off on appetizers before 630 pm.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

This place has wonderful food and nice atmosphere. A large glass window separates the kitchen from the bar and dining area. We have eaten here for many "special " occasions and have never been disappointed . They have the best concoction for to spread on your warm bread, I've ever tasted. Deserts are good too so save room. Reservations are recommended.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Had 2 really good experiences at Ludal's and recommended to many friends. Decided to try Daltons on New Years Eve. Huge mistake. Unfriendly, rude waitress! Wrong sides were served and were ice cold; even once corrected, the food midiocre and nowhere near as good as Ludals. My daughter and I arrived a few minutes after the rest of our party, who had already been seated. When we walked in, no one greeted us at all, even though we were the only dinner guests at that time. When I asked our waitress if there was a drink menu, she gave a very flat, abrupt "No we don't," with not one mention/recommendation of the type of drinks that I might be able to order. Once the food was delivered, our waitress never once came back to ask if we needed anything. Hostess did ask if we wanted dessert, but provided absolutely no enticement or encouragement, so it was easy to decline. When our waitress delivered our bill (after having been absent since delivering our plates), I asked if it were possible to split our bill in half. She promptly advised me that she was "Very busy and that I would have to wait a few minutes...". Wow! After 10 minutes of waiting, she finally returned to tell me that she could not split the bill after all. Within 2 minutes of having paid our tab, the hostess came to our table to advise us that "the next party had arrived - so...." Needless to say, we promptly left since it was clear we had worn out our welcome (though I question how welcome we were from the onset). We all wondered what would have happened if we'd ordered coffee or dessert...would we have been required to take it to go? Save yourself the trouble and long ride - skip Dalton's; stick with Ludals. I'm never going back!
Comment on Review Delete Review

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Every so often, I find a place where I'm just snake bit. Unfortunately, Dalton's is such a place.

I live only 12 miles from the restaurant, but I've only been there twice in a span of five years. Both times, dining with the same couple, an order has been served incorrectly.

Last night was the last straw. I ordered veal matese and was served some kind of salmon dish. We needed to leave Dalton's by a certain time for a concert, and the veal dish was hurriedly prepared and served, but I had to wolf it down in order to keep our schedule.

The dish was very good, but would've been better if I'd had a chance to savor it a bit. To his credit, our server, Mike, lopped off the price of a glass of wine for the inconvenience.

My wife occasionally comes here with a group of friends, and she likes it, but I won't go back again: It's obvious I just don't have good luck with the place.