“Nice dining experience just steps from Infinity Music Hall”

Wood Creek Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the historical center of Norfolk, CT, the Wood Creek Bar & Grill offers a delicious lunch & dinner American Grill Fare. Try the infamous Buffalo Burger with mushrooms and Provolone topped with a crunchy Onion Ring. The French Chicken Breast is tenderly cooked with a crispy skin. Light fare such as soups, salads, & sandwiches, or try entrees such as rib eye steak or roasted duck. Full Bar service separate from the dining room.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was the second time I attend a concert in Norfolk and I was pleased to find another dinner option in this tiny town. They had a nice selection of menu items and specials. The chicken special I ordered was very good although the portion was so large that it was almost laughable. The service was good and I was particularly impressed by how well they handled the two rambunctious little boys sitting near us with their clearly overwhelmed father. They had three servers helping out with the table and were nothing but nice about the situation. This place is a good option for a before the show dinner or after the show dessert.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

A great local eatery, with good, interesting food and a welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank RussellBen
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband, I and four friends attended a concert at the Infinity Hall and had reservations at Wood Creek Bar and Grill. Two of our friends were late but we ordered drinks and asked if we could hold off until they arrived. The wait staff was very accommodating eventhough they knew we had tickets to a concert. The wine selections were very good, I had a nice Cabernet. The salad was cold and crisp with a delightful dressing. My husband and I had the sole special, which was excellent not over or under cooked with a delicious sauce, our friends had chicken, crab cakes, fillet and tuna. The tuna came a little under cooked but the owner came to the rescue. No problem, took it back to the kitchen and had the chief cook it longer. It was brought back to us before everyone was done with their meals. All the while the restaurant was really getting crowded but the wait staff never missed a beat. They never lost sight of the fact that we had a concert to go to. I forgot to remind the waiter we needed seperate checks and asked if he could re-do them. With a smile and a no problem attitude, he solicited the help of another co-worker and came back with the individual checks. I realize we were a group that tested their resolve and any other restaurant who served a party of six, would probably have told us they woundn't seperate the checks and they would have included a 15% tip. I was so impressed with the food (everything made from scratch) and the outstanding customer service that this is a place we will return to again and again.

2  Thank LvtoDine
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We couldn't decide between the restaurant at the Infinity or this place a couple of doors up the hill and took a chance, partly because the prices were lower, the menu looked on par with Infinity, and it wasn't too crowded. The short version is that the wait staff was great, and the tuna I had was the best I've ever had anywhere, bar none. Kudos on the bread, the salad and the mashed potatoes too. My wife had a chicken dish which she gave similar thumbs up review. Next time we come up to Norfolk to see a show at Infinity, this where we'll go! Really liked this place (which I assume is in the same location as the Specked Hen once was - same address). Excellent!

1  Thank CtSam
Reviewed April 9, 2011

The restaurant went out of business and new owners are doing a GREAT JOB - it is now the Wood Creek Bar & Grill.
No relation to former owner. Extremely talented and creative chef and staff.

2  Thank alfamia