“A treasure for sure!!”
Review of Mountain View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Michigan
“A treasure for sure!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I was on an 11 day New England road trip this summer. My plan was to spend only one night at any destination. However, I instantly fell in love with this Inn and stayed an additional night. The Inn is located just outside of the small town of Norfolk. The property is gorgeous and well maintained with a beautiful large old tree gracing the back patio. Once I stepped inside the Inn I was warmly greeted by Dean, one of the Inn's owners. After offering us fresh juice and checking me in I was escorted to my room which was exquisitely decorated and well appointed. I loved the claw foot tub! The entire Inn was beautifully decorated. Delicious breakfasts were prepared by Dean and his wife, Jean Marie. Her vintage boutique was a delight to shop in. Jean Marie and Dean were simply the best Innkeepers. They made me feel right at home. It was hard to leave the Inn but I did with a promise to myself that I would be back, but next time for a week!! Thank you for the fabulous and memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chilbolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Mountain View Inn is a charming place full to the brim with antiques and bric-a-brac so if soulless boutique hotels are your thing, don't go there. Very comfortable beds, no TV or coffee making in the room but we didn't miss anything; good strong coffee is available from 8am anyway. Dean is an excellent host and those breakfasts are something to write home about; we didn't eat lunch until late afternoon! Having our coffee on the front porch in the morning sun before breakfast was something we won't forget.
Geoff and Jan Edwards Hampshire UK

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about the time we enjoyed at the Mountain View Inn and the family that hosted our stay: Dean, Jean Marie and their son Chris. The rooms were decorated beautifully. The art displayed in the rooms showed a very personal touch that made us feel very warm and comfortable. The hosts are accomplished artists that dedicate their craft to the Inn. That was a highlight for my wife and I. The food was very special and enjoyable in a setting that kept us eating and talking for hours. The vintage store inside the Inn was fabulous. During our stay, we walked to a beautiful historical public library one block away.

We will definitely come back.

Ventura, California
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We had a great stay at the Mountain View Inn. Dean & Jean Marie are gracious hosts and love talking about their inn and the surroundings. Full breakfast was delicious.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We had a wonderful week in New England, and although the other inns we stayed in were definitely enjoyable.....we were unprepared for what awaited us at the Mountain View Inn in Norfolk CT. The cleanliness, style, beautiful furnishings and a feeling of luxury throughout the inn made us not want to leave. The innkeepers, Dean and Jean-Marie Johnson were so hospitable , that we felt an instant connection. On a scale of 1-10, it definitley exceeds a 10!

East Rockaway, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Mountain View Inn in October and had the best time ever. The inn keepers Dean and Jean Marie made us feel like we were members of their family. The room was immaculate and the bed was like sleeping in the clouds. Breakfasts in the mornings were truly an experience. Jean Marie out did herself with her first course of fresh fruit, homemade granola, and a wonderful sour cream dressing. Sausage was done to perfection and her homemade corn bread was delectable! At our last breakfast, Jean Marie made a homemade egg and cheese fritta and even asked for the recipe it was so delicious! Her son Christopher also made delicious homemade pumpkin pancakes which we also got the recipe for. There was no need for lunch after having a breakfast cooked by Christopher, Dean, and Jean Marie!! Overall, our stay at Mountain View Inn was the getaway that we had been looking for. We would definitely go back to this bed and breakfast and would recommend it to everyone!

central Indiana
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Every inch of this place is covered in Victorian "fluff," so if you like that decor, this is your place. We found the host to be a bit condensending and he obviously loves to talk about himself and his accomplishments...not what guests really want to hear for the most part. That actually tarnished our visit there. The breakfast was very good and the grounds of the inn are very nice. However, we have visited many B&B's that we enjoyed much more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MimiMom68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
White Hart Inn
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
#1 of 1 in Colebrook
Locust Tree Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!