“Excellent Connecticut B&B”
Review of Mountain View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Northants, UK
“Excellent Connecticut B&B”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Mountain View Inn is a perfect getaway B&B in a quiet rural town. A place to relax and explore. The building is a lovely Victorian house which has been lovingly restored with period furnishings.

The breakfasts are lovely and the hospitality friendly.

Well worth a visit!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank BritPaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I have the pleasure of staying at Mountain View Inn after seeing a concert at Infinity Hall. It was really close to the venue which made it convenient. Jean Marie and Dean made our stay there very enjoyable and comfortable. The inn itself is beautifully decorated and spotless. We were made to feel very comfortable and enjoyed a bottle of wine with friends sitting by the fireplace which was really nice. We stayed in Mrs. Mead's Room which was very cozy and comfortable. We slept so well and it was very peaceful and quiet. Breakfast was good and there was quite a nice selection of teas. The breakfast parfait was my favorite and second were the delicious cookies set out for us in the afternoon! We will definitely stay there again, the hard part will be trying to decide on which room to choose, we were able to take a peek at most of them when we arrived and liked them all!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarenRE
Northampton, MA
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights with another couple in late December. I loved the authentic and comfortable Victorian decor, vintage clothing store on the closed-in porch, plentiful cookies and chocolates and eggnog, innkeeper Dean's friendliness and many stories, and sitting by a fire eating pizza in a snow storm. Lots of local trails for hiking and walks to waterfalls both in town and in nearby state parks. Wonderful antiquing about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zundel35
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I am not by nature, a bed and breakfast person. I feel like I am invading someone's home. Having said that, I really liked this place. My wife and I went to see a show at the Infinity Music Hall in Norfolk. Rather than drive home that night we wanted to stay over. There are not any larger hotels or motels in Norfolk. A friend recommended the Mountain View and we're glad he did. Its within easy walking distance of the Infinity. Dean and Jean the owners, were very friendly and helpful without hovering. Breakfast was good. They place is clean and full of interesting antiques and Dean's impressive artwork. All in all, a very nice experience. I would recommend it to anyone going to the Infinity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael D
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Mountain View Inn recently. I have always been cautious about staying at B&B's being a big weightlifter/football guy. This Inn was an exception! Very spacious and comfortable on all fronts. In addition to it's innate charms the 'plus' was meeting the innkeeper, Dean Johnson. A most professional and friendly gentleman. His dedication and passion with his work at the Inn is most apparent. Also, his paintings on display throughout the Inn bring another dimension to all guests. A very talented artist indeed! The welcome beverages and cookies were a lovely touch and the breakfast was perfect! I highly recommend the Mountain View Inn and I look forward to being a return guest!
Rudy Gisolfi

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rudy G
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 9, 2012

A beautiful inn with a great history that host Dean shared with us over breakfast. Had a wonderful time chatting with other couples over our morning meal about a wonderful concert we'd all seen the night before at nearby Infinity Hall.

Would go back without a doubt!

Room Tip: Jenny's room is lovely - big canopy bed. Named after the original owner's wife!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glowgirlgo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Mountain View Inn is the embodiment of New England charm, and the historic exterior sets the scene for the antique filled rooms inside. Dean, your host, was very welcoming and our room, though small, was lovely including a very comfortable bed! There is a book waiting for you in each room, inviting you to leave comment-a nice touch. Breakfast is communal, which though I am not too keen on, we only shared the table on the first morning. The choices are a little odd -quiche and fruit cakes! We were given toast when we asked for it though. Dean also told us about the history of the house and about some of the more colourful guests! Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room was on the small size, which is our fault as we chose that one, but in hindsight I would sp...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stejaski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Salisbury
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 9 in Great Barrington
#3 of 4 in Norfolk
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
#1 of 1 in Colebrook

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!