“One of the Best B&B's Ever!”
Review of Mountain View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Stamford, CT
“One of the Best B&B's Ever!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Over 25 years, I have stayed in B&B's all over the East Coast (and some on the West Coast), and have found very few that rival the Mountain View Inn in Norfolk, Connecticut. The owners (Dean and Jean Marie) are delightful, and their passion is found in every nook and cranny of the highly decorated Victorian home, in the full morning breakfasts, in the cookies and unique juices upon arrival, in the Hershey kisses everywhere, in the fantastic vintage clothing shop just off the living room, Dean's paintings throughout... and oh, that large front porch with porch swing... with lovely gardens out back. Even their white poodle is well-behaved and a nice addition (even though I'm a cat lover). We were lucky enough to find this gem of a B&B through Infinity Hall music venue which is perhaps the best small venue I've ever seen and a less than 5 minute walk away! We now make this a weekend destination for concert, dinner, antiquing (town nearby) and, of course the B&B. For those of you who can't just relax, wifi is available for free, but I haven't even bothered to look for a TV. Bottomline... one of the best B&B's.... ever!

Room Tip: Room #2 and Room #6, both have 4-poster beds!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antiquedress

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I booked Clara's room at the last minute for some R&R around my wife's birthday, and with limited history at Bed n Breakfast's I can say that I'm not sure I can go back to the chains. Our hosts were great, the property was beautifully maintained and in a great location. They made some great recommendations for us to take advantage of our time in the area in terms of local food, music, and sights, too. It was only a single night, but it was a great getaway and I'm hopeful we can get back in the fall when the area will be spectacular with the foliage adding to this great area!

Room Tip: Comfy king in Clara's room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
norwalk, ct
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We returned to Mountain View Inn on short notice when we decided to go see a show at Infinity Hall on a weeknight. Thank goodness they had a room. As returning guests, we love this place. Jean Marie and Dean are such gracious and hospitable hosts. Their inn is a truly-loved home, richly decorated in tasteful Victorian splendor; and, of course, the yummy breakfast is outstanding. We’ll be back again, for sure! And we’ll look forward to a longer, more leisurely stay in this idyllic spot next time. Highly recommended for genuine hospitality and ambiance.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I were due to stay at the Mountain View Inn in March 2011, but due to a heavy snowstorm where we were staying in New Hampshire we had to cancel our booking on the morning of our intended stay. We expected to have our deposit refunded since this was a force majeure and as such was out of our control. Instead, we were told that not only would our deposit not be refunded, but we would have to pay for the room as well.

The reasons given for this were:
1. The cost of preparing the room; and
2. That the hotel would now be unable to rent out the room to another customer.

Well, the cost of preparing the room can't have been much more than $10, and I know from the online availability chart of the hotel that only one of the other rooms was occupied on the night of our intended stay. So neither of these arguments carries any weight whatsoever.

So do not expect these guys to be reasonable or flexible.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LetEnglandSpeak
Avon, CT
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Dean and Jean-Marie, innkeepers at The Mountain View Inn, provided the perfect setting and atmosphere for a small, family wedding ceremony. The Victorian decor of the Inn is both elegant and inviting, and the rooms are among the loveliest I have encountered in my travels/stays at bed-and-breakfasts! There were 10 of us spending the weekend together, and the Inn was just the right size for our comfort. We felt so at home; and Dean and the staff were a quiet presence in the background, allowing our plans to unfold without a hitch yet anticipating our needs for assistance when they arose. The wedding and the weekend was all we had hoped and more - thanks to the incomparable Johnsons!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy_DAvon
East Coast
Reviewed February 15, 2011

One of the all-time best B & B experiences I have had! The hosts were just fabulous: the perfect balance of personalized hospitality and professionalism: welcoming, informative, could be found when you needed them (for anything), yet knew when to leave you alone. I was warmly greeted, offered fresh-baked cookies and my choice of hot beverages or apple cider, and helped with my bags upstairs to my beautiful-decorated room. Details, details, details! Everything I could need was there (including the little extras in the bathroom one sometimes forgets to pack). The Inn is lovingly-restored and offers a smorgasbord of visual delights from antiques to nick-nacks and original artwork. The tastefully decorated common rooms and porches to wander, explore, relax in, made it difficult to leave the inn to explore Norfolk. After enjoying a walk in the snow throughout this lovely community followed by dinner and a show just minutes away at Infinity Hall, it was icing on a magical day to be welcomed by a roaring fire in the sitting room. Breakfast was exquisite and the atmosphere created a warm camaraderie amongst the guests who only had wonderful things to share about their stay. (The Inn is so well laid out, I never saw other guests during my stay except for at breakfast and by the fire late at night, despite a full house.) This was my first visit to the Norfolk area and I can’t wait to book another weekend at the Mountain View Inn!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Oradell, NJ
Reviewed February 7, 2011

My wife surprised with tickets to an event at newly restored Infinity Hall in Norfolk CT which included a stay at nearby Mountain View Inn. What a perfect place to spend an autumn weekend. The common areas and our room were comfortable and well appointed but the best part of the Inn was Innkeeper Dean Johnson. We were meeting friends for drinks and dinner before the Infinity event and Dean brought out wine glasses and invited our friends to share a drink before we left. Breakfast the next morning was incredible as was the conversation with Dean and his son. Paintings by both father and son are throughout the main floor. Our room with canopy bed, sitting area and spacious bathroom were spotless and well cared for. We would love to come back in warmer weather and take advantage of the beautiful stone patio and the immense lawn. We'd love to come back anytime of year!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcschleg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
White Hart Inn
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
#1 of 1 in Colebrook
Locust Tree Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!