“Wonderful Lobster”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went to Abbott's with my family. We had almost everything on the menu. I loved my hot lobster roll. I enjoyed eating my meal right by the shore and just enjoying the boats as they floated by. The food was excellent. I have been coming here since I was a little girl. You will enjoy your meal.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Yummm! The shrimp cocktail (cold) is fabulous! Lobster rolls must have a whole lobster in them, and of course the chowder! You will not leave hungry. The best seafood in South East Ct. Oh they have desert too.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Abbotts closes on Monday of Columbus Day weekend, so lunch there this weekend closes the season for 2012. Lobster and roasted corn chowder was a great way to start. Then sweet and tender steamers dipped in butter makes you yearn for July. The warm lobster roll with just butter was simple goodness. The sign says no outside beverages but those in the know bring a cooler, tablecloth and utensils of your own. If u can find it you will go back again and again for the fantastic seafood and views of sailboats and blue water

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I hate seafood, but was forced there with the group i was with. i actually had their hotdog and chips. the hotdog was very hot and so was the bun it was on...it was very good! I understand they are a lobster shack but i do wish they would serve more land food... plus it is right on the water and you can watch ships go in and out..really cool!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We chose to eat at Abbotts over Costellos because it just looked friendlier (they are right across from each other and owned by the same company to my knowledge). We got there fairly late (6:30 against a 7pm close) but didn't feel rushed in the least. It's definitely 'in the rough'! You place your order at a walk up window and then give your ticket to another window inside the restaurant (and I only call it a restaurant because it has tables and I can't come up with a better word for it!). They fix your order and then call you back to pick it up. You can either eat inside or at a picnic table outside (we chose to eat outside). They do not offer any alcohol, but I saw several people with their own six packs of beer or bottles of wine.

We chose the hot lobster rolls and they were delicious! My husband got some mussels and they were also yummy. If you go here try the lobster bisque! OMG the amount of sherry was just perfect! So creamy and tasty!

If we ever make it back to Groton, we'll be sure to stop back in at Abbotts!