“Very fresh seafood”

Dining options: Reservations
connecticut
“Very fresh seafood”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My hubby and I stopped in at the Seahorse Restaurant for a bite of lunch. We were in the mood for some fresh seafood and we definitely got it there! I had the baked cod and my hubby had fried whole belly clams and boy were they both fresh and delicious! The food tasted like they just caught it off the boat! The price was reasonable, too! The staff was friendly and accommodating and the restaurant was clean and updated. We will definitely return here again!

• Visited October 2012

Tucson, Arizona
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Having a cottage at the shore, this is the closest to catching and eating your own fish as you can get. Really delicious.

Visited October 2012
Groton Long Point
“Classic shore restaurant stands the test of time”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My grandparents loved the Seahorse Restaurant way back in the 50's and 60's. Since they lived nearby they always raved their food was the best in the area. As a child I would go with them and just remember it being okay (hey, I was a kid).
Back in the area a week ago and we said, "let's try it". To our surprise the interior is very updated and comfortable. But what I really want you to know is the food is fantastic! I tried the baked scallops (a little sherry in the recipe) and I swear I was in Nantucket eating their best! We also tried the Fisherman's platter with cod, more scallops and the LARGEST shrimp (great seasoning) I've seen served in years. I understand Zake's from Stonington is now running the kitchen and YAHOO for that! Great flavors and flawlessly cooked. Service staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating.
Guess my grandparents were right....Seahorse Restaurant in Noank does stand the test of time.

• Visited September 2012
CT
“It all started out well.....”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had not been back since the redo - the last time we were there was a few years ago and we really really enjoyed it.

We decided to go for my birthday this weekend.

Started out well - nice bread - we had the lobster fritters (special) - they were very tasty and a nice sized portion. Drinks were good.

My daughter and I ordered a large dinner salad to share - it came and it was good - but it was seriously only a regular sized portion.

Entrees came - I had the stuffed flounder - I ordered fries but it arrives with boiled potatoes - the flounder was dry - the stuffing was sloppy.

Husband had the seafood potpie - very dissapointing - small portion of the actual seafood portion - with a very strange sauce...

Worst of all I think was the fact that the vegetable of the day was frozen corn.....

Daughters sliders were kind of weird and squashed looking - but she said that they tasted ok.

I cant fault the waitress. She was efficent. The hostess was kind of off putting. There was a guy that was walking around greeting people - I believe that he was the owner - but he was only talking and checking in with the people that he obviously knew - so we didnt get a visit.

Overall - would I go back - no.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ctbrit
Stonington, Connecticut
“Excellent food, reasonably priced, with excellent service”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stopped mid-afternoon for appetizers and a drink; large shrimp cocktail, oysters, and clams casino! Nice break from the daily routine; sister restaurant to Zacks in Stonington which is also very good

Been to Seahorse? Share your experiences!