“Roach motel!!!!!”
Review of Niantic Motel

Niantic Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This hotel is disgusting,moldy shower heads and moldy shower curtains.no fitted sheets at a hotel how gross.the comforters smell and look as if they have NEVER been washed.curtains in room were stained and also looked as if the last time it was clean it was being pulled out of the box!stains on carpets holes in walls.there was actually duct tape between wall and carpet holding it together. COCKROACHES around ice machines in hallways,who knows if they even maintain the ice machines those are probably moldy inside too.I would never recomend anyone to stay at this gross motel,I was afraid to have cockroaches get into my bags .pet friendly is fine but clumps of fur in halls ???housekeeping staff needs to find a new profession!GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank mrsassy

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I woke up to a bunch of red spots and itching all over my body. Im severly allergic to cats, and there must have been MANY of cats on my floor. I actually had to go sit out in my car and take my allergy medication. A stroll in the courtyard by the pool I stepped in a large amount of dog feces. When I came in to take a shower, the shower head was missing and mold had grown on shower curtain. The pitbull running up and down the hallway was asurprise. I kept having to check out the peephole to make sure i wasn't gunna be mauled. I requested towels, but they never showed up.
The heater did not work. The TV screen was green and my friends kept pounding on it. The stains on the carpet disturbed me. I was told by a lady in the hall, not to use the dryer because it would catch on fire. Getting into the hotel door was a struggle, my key wouldnt work. After a long time my friend pushed the door and it opened. The bedspread looked and spelled like it havent been washed in years. we put our own blankets down on the bed. In the morning, we complained to the management, but I dont think they understood us and we did not understand them. I will NEVER stay here again and im still itching! I suggest NOBODY comes here!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank LightPartier
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The rooms are big, but filthy, also was awaken by rats chewing in the walls.in the morning woke up ehausted ,went the bath , only to find a cockroach covered basin in the bath. Towels are matted and dirty . Tv was not working. Heater smelled like poop.the staff consist of Syed and two others that
were strained to communicate to.on my way out I seen a large dog in the hallway , wiping his back end with the carpet . All in all disgusting with a little comedy relief... No reastaurant ,and is under construction , with debris everywhere outside. The place is literally held together with duct tape and glue... Yuk. Stay away.. Unless the management pays you to stay

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Sprdad6
Reviewed August 23, 2010

You would be better off camping than you would be staying here! They must have gotten the images from PhotoBucket because they look NOTHING like the actual interior! The whole experience was horrible! We arrived very late at night from nearby Mohegan Sun and there were about 4 women who looked like prostitutes walking in and out of the lobby. There was no place to park so we had to park by the lobby and walk past undesirables in the lot all the way up to the completely unlocked entrance hauling all of our gear. The hallways were run down and completely filthy....I wanted to turn and run but I felt bad for my poor husband who was willing to drive all the way back home because he felt so bad. The room was disgusting!!!!!!! Filthy carpets and furniture. The bed didnt even have a fitted sheet. Dust was visible on every surface and the light switches were caked with grime. No sprinklers in the rooms!!! The room across from ours had been jimmied as if the police had had to force their way in. I reluctantly fell asleep but would not let the blanket or spread touch my body. In the morning when we checked out I told the desk clerk just how I felt and he didnt even apologize. This rat hole should be condemned!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LisaSeacoastNh
Reviewed August 4, 2010

had to be moved from another hotel
found this location to be clesn professional and although still updating very nice rooms
no elevator but all entrance accessible refreshing pool accomodating staff

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2010

So, even though I read the reviews that were not flattering for this place, I decided to stay anyways. We booked three rooms for July 16-18. My brother and his wife arrived early and decided not to stay due to a dog swimming in the pool and dirty room. We kept the three rooms and decided to stick it out as it was close to Mohegan and other family at Niantic Beach. The rooms were in terrible condition, we stayed in 113 and the bathtub was cracked and coved with a vinyl covering which was unsafe for elderly parents. The wallpaper was falling off the walls and while looking under the bed for items on day of departure we found a pair of dirty underwear. One other review complained of this. I told the front desk on our departure of this and he apologized profusely, but offered no discount/refund. This place is trying to clean up their reputation, but if they dont get the basic cleaning and appearance down they are heading to closure. DO NOT GO THERE!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LeisureTraveller45
snm1234, General Manager at Niantic Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

Thank you for letting us know about your concern. We do take are customer concerns seriously, if you may have noticed that fact online.

So lets overview your complaint. First, the dog swimming in the pool, don’t you think it’s a little bit "exaggerating", and the fact that the only person who saw it was your brother and his wife?

Second, "The wallpaper was falling off the walls and while looking under the bed for items on day of departure we found a pair of dirty underwear." Yes, we agree on the fact of being in the midst of upgrading the property. The concern about the wallpaper has been taken care off. Out of curiosity, you did not notice anything when you kept your belongings below the bed, but did notice while retrieving it.

Sorry to inform you that it’s a cheap trick of getting refunds and is outdated.

Niantic Motel Management Team.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

This is my second time I stayed here, I stayed in Nov 2007 when it was a Days Inn, and I stayed last week, both times it was for a concert at Mohegan Sun which is about 9 miles away, I think the hotel is very nice, nothing fancy, reasonably priced and right off I-95, it has a outdoor pool I didn't use it, I would stay here again next time I go to Mohegan Sun.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
0 mi away
#2 of 8 in Niantic
Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos
Motel 6 New London - Niantic
Inn at Harbor Hill Marina

Been to Niantic Motel? Share your experiences!