“Great every time!”

Ranked #22 of 44 Restaurants in Niantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been here numerous times for breakfast, but this week was my first chance at dinner. The farm to table food is amazing. I have been so many times for breakfast and I still take a while with the menu based on the tastiness of so many dishes. Everything cooked to perfection and so creatively. Friendly family staff and atmosphere. The dinner was just as amazing. Smaller menu, expected for the venue, but still hard to pick. The Wednesday date night 3 course meal for $25 was outstanding. Pretty much a steal. Steak and scallops cooked perfectly with an amazing bottle of wine that was a steal in itself. Even twenty minutes away, we take all family and friends here when they visit. Can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for La Belle Aurore

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Awesome breakfast selection and the ingredients are local and farm fresh. Great food all around. staf is really friendly.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The owner (husband of the husband wife team) dressed down an older couple who tried to draw the curtains to prevent being blinded at their table. It was an incredibly embarrassing experience to witness, let alone to be the recipient of his tirade. Bad hair day? Maybe. But totally inexcusable. Never going to patronize him again. Lack of tact should not be rewarded.

2  Thank SmartSister
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Adorable, "chic farm-y" decor. Healthy, imaginative menu. Unfortunate location, wedged between Carvel and a laundromat -- Don't let this deter you!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Myself and my wife were staying at a local Niantic Inn for a couple of days and were looking for a typical bistro meal to cap a lovely stay in the area. How disappointed we were to have tried La Belle Aurore. Although the place looked initially inviting and the hostess was efficient and courteous, our initial excitement was short lived. I do not eat fish so my only choice was the duck or "meat and potatoes". Not being a fan of duck, I choose the latter, as usually it cannot go wrong. The meat was hanger steak, which for $28, was a little surprising to see. When the server brought me my meal I was shocked. I got 5 small pieces of nearly inedible meat (it was difficult to cut even) and my potatoes consisted of several potato chip like slivers of potatoes. I couldn't believe it. My wife ordered the crab cakes and got two small ones for $24. My wife is allergic to chipotle peppers and of course there is no mention of them being in her crab cake sauce on the menu, so she eats it and her neck swells like a balloon. The server, seeing my wife's pain runs out to get some Benadryl from the CVS across the road. Then the chef comes out and is like "Wow, you didn't know you were allergic to chipotle" to which my wife responds, "Of course I knew, why didn't you state it clearly on your menu?"
We couldn't get out of there fast enough. With no appetizers, no deserts, two below average entrees and two beers, our check was $76 plus tip. Outrageous.

2  Thank 353Paul353