“Clean, quiet, classy”

Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I was visiting a relative in the area & chose to stay in a hotel rather than their home because of their space limitations. What a great place I chose! Gracious staff, spotless rooms & lobby, nice comfy bed and GREAT pillows (I usually bring my own but forgot it, so I was happy about that), typical continental breakfast, plenty of parking. Extremely quiet, even being so close to I-95.
I initially was going to stay 1 or 2 nights and ended up staying for 4 nights, and plan to stay there for all future family visits.
Unfortunately I was there a little too early in the season to be able to use their outdoor pool, but it looked nice.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank AuntieKatieRI
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos

Reviewed May 11, 2009

My boyfriend and I were going to see a concert at Mohegan Sun and wanted an affordable hotel room with shuttle service to and from the casino. This hotel fit the bill. And though the round-trip shuttle cost a nominal fee, the total cost was still less than half the price of other hotels I found that offered similar services.

The room was average, but since we were just sleeping there we didn't need much more. The hotel staff, though, were very accommodating. They were very eager to assist us, and even fit the shuttle service to our schedule since my boyfriend and I were the only ones traveling to the casino that evening. It is this service combined with the low price that makes this hotel a real value. We definitely plan to come back, both for trips to the casino and the nearby beaches.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FlowersGirl48
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I spent one week at the Hilltop Inn Hotel and had an experience that goes unmatched. I have traveled to over 40 countries, stayed in any and all hotels, hostels, B&B's - and Hilltop Inn Hotel (www.hilltopinn.us) is something special. Clean, contemporary, reasonably priced - a great room, full breakfast, best high speed wireless internet & fitness center. Staff is wonderful, breakfast is great. Staying at the Hilltop Inn will bring your time in AZ to another level of enjoyment. Comfortable and accommodating. This is my first and probably only review I will do....but The Hilltop Inn deserves it!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank rhoady
Reviewed November 18, 2008

We checked into the room, turned the heat on low, and then went to Mohegan sun for the night. We returned to the hotel to find that the heater had leaked all over the rug, and the rug was saturated. Then my husband saw a cockroach crawling up the wall, so we hightailed it out of there. The person at the front desk said that he could not authorize a refund, so we ended up driving around Connecticut at 4 in the morning trying to find another place to stay in.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2008

My wife and I stayed here over the Memorial day holiday. I must admit that the staff is what made us stay put and not try and find another hotel on a major holiday weekend. I'm not going to slam this hotel by stating all of our concerns and upsets, but I will say that they really need to take care of the moldly and musty smell that you encounter upon walking into a room. It done near bowled us over - beside the fact that our room had to be 90 degrees when we walked in. I mentioned these things and others to the front desk staff and they were remarkably kind. They moved us to another room, (which for the record was no better than the first) and we stayed....we figured most of our trip was goign to be spent with family & friends so our room time would not have amounted to more than sleeping.....I must admit that the staff at Hilltop was outstanding. They will do anything for you, and repeatedly apologized for the musty odor. Granted, if this hotel were near the water that odor could be explained but because the beach is about 4 miles away explaining the odor became more difficult. I say for the money this is an "average" hotel - don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. Once again, the staff is lovely and we would go back just for them.

Stayed: May 2007
Niantic, Manager at Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. Please be assured that this misfortune is an isolated incident, as our goal is to provide every guest with a totally positive stay with us.
We hope this incidence will not discourage you from using the Hilltop Inn in the future. We realize that you make a decision each time you select the hotel that you will stay with. We want very much to show you that the decision you make will continue to be the correct one.
Please be assured that your concerns will be dealt within a timely and professional fashion.
We thank you for bring this to our attention and will utilize your feedback to improve our efficiency and guest service in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Mike
GM

Reviewed May 29, 2008

Friends and I attended the Steamed Jazz Festival in Essex during the summer of 2007. I had a room upstairs and my friends were placed in a downstairs room. Both rooms were clean, odor-free and average in appearance. The bedding was fine and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was actually above average. We stayed two nights and I noted the hot breakfast items changed from day to day.

All I can say about the poor reviews regarding this hotel (and many others) which promote "Sleep Inn or another Days Inn or we moved on to the Clarion" seem to have been authored by the hotel mentioned by the so-called 'guest'. I wouldn't discount any hotel if there were at least a few decent reviews, of which this is one regarding the Hilltop Inn.

I will attend this year's festival as well and we are staying at the Hilltop once again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank FromMaine2Miami
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I just left the hotel and I would like to become a regular at this place.
My husband and me loved the hotel , the beautiful scenery and the nice clean rooms.
We are looking forward to be there soon again!
Thanks for the great experience!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ani11106
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Sleep Inn & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 5 in New London

Been to Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos? Share your experiences!