“A NO GO”

Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you prefer a moderately updated hotel this is not the place for you. Carpets are dingy. Don't let the breakfast offer fool you. Dunkin donuts would be more tasty with better juice and coffee. not worth more than 7o per night...halls smelled musty.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank magoo2000

Reviewed August 4, 2012

What a good choice this hotel was.The Hilltop inn is located a couple of Miles from the beach. It’s very quiet with large rooms and beds providing a rather aristocratic feel.I would surely stay a couple of days more but some urgency. i will definitely recommend my friends for this stopover.its totally worth it..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank keetan d
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I came here with my family a couple of days ago for summer vacation and I have to say I was very pleased! Its located on top of a nice hill and is away from the main road, and is very quiet. I will definitely come here again and recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Also the cost was cheaper than many of the other hotels in the surrounding area and wouldn't recommend going anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank J0seph_F12
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Oh my gosh...never in my life have I encountered such a horrible place! Absolutely filthy dirty. When I went to rearrange the cushions on the pull-out sofa, there were the nastiest, filthiest magazines I've ever seen. I addressed the management to remove, which they did, but I was told they don't usually check the pull-outs unless they have been used. I think they had maybe three people on staff. Pool was green and unfit to swim in. Free breakfast bar was awful (powdered eggs and stale cereal) One night we literally had to call from the front door to ask to be let in. Yes, locked out of the hotel at 10:00p.m! DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived on Thursday (7/19/12), unpacked our belongings, then made a mad dash across the street for some air fresheners !!! Holy mackerel !! The only thing that was missing was the tape marks on the floor where the dead body was wreaking from. You would think it could get no worse, but then we saw the crystal "green filmed" pool. This may be the area where the laundry is done. Okay well maybe we would receive some good old country hospitality from the "Innkeeper", right ?? WE were pretty much forced to leave due to his unruly, unfriendly ways. I just hope this "Innkeeper" does not have any children of his own because he lacks personality. If you enjoy being mistreated, living in a smelly, un cleaned room and swimming in a frog pond of a pool.... You found a winner here !!!

Room Tip: Don't go here !! Trust me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed July 13, 2012

During our recent stay at the hilltop inn in niantic ct we experienced a most pleasant stay. The staff was pleasant, attentive and curteous. The rooms where charming with a fridge in our room, as well as wifi the bathrooms where remarkably clean with in room coffee pots. The continental breakfast was out every day by 7. We sat by the pool and watched birds and occasionally on arriving back at the hotel we saw deer grazing in the corner of the property, a beautiful little spot not far from the ocean. Hilltop inn was a most pleasant get away and reasonably priced. All our needs where met and sometimes exceeded. we will definately return

Room Tip: all rooms have a pleasant view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank brittany s
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Spent the weekend at the Hilltop Inn for our daughter's wedding- though the building is old, the staff, especially the owners, Mike and Renu, are very friendly and helpful and the rooms clean, comfortable, and affordable. We had a large party staying for the weekend, and Mike went out of his way to make sure all of our needs were met. This hotel is a great alternative to the more expensive hotels available in this area!

Room Tip: Free breakfast available
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Susan C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos? Share your experiences!