“great service....A+++++”

Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Very friendly staff ...Good location ..near I-95 and fast food restaurants. I am pleased with the cordial attendant and the very clean rooms. It felt like home...a hidden gem

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Varon88

Reviewed October 12, 2010

I chose the Hilltop Inn because it was the most reasonably priced hotel near Mohegan Sun that had shuttle service. Their website quoted a price of $125 but also claimed to match or beat rates. I had a quote of $109 from Hotels.com so I called and they honored the lower price. Great!

I made the reservation and inquired about the shuttle service mentioned on the site. I assumed it was complimentary like most other hotels in the area but it was an extra charge of $10 per person and they highly recommended reserving a spot in advance. That would cancel out the good rate I had found but I had already made the reservation and I didn't care to go back to researching a new place, so I signed up.

The hotel itself was fine. Just fine. Average. Not great, not horrible. Your basic inexpensive motel. The front lobby was clean and well-kept. The hallways were a bit dark, but not scary. The room had a slight stale smell to it, and some of the towels had set-in stains, but there was a fridge (unplugged) and a microwave and complimentary breakfast in the morning so I was content.

Unfortunately, when it came time to take the $20 shuttle, we were told that the other people who had reserved spots had cancelled so it was just us. The shuttle driver wouldn't show up to drive only two people so we ended up getting driven to Mohegan by (who I believe to be) the manager, in her personal mini-van. It was obvious she didn't want to drive us but she also didn't want us unhappy. We offered to drive ourselves but she said she would drive us there for free if we got a cab back. We were already in the back seat, ready to go, so we agreed. It wasn't until we were on the highway that she mentioned a cab would cost around $40.

As I stated, the place was nice enough, but I wouldn't return. I appreciate the manager trying to do what she thought was right, but in the end I was left feeling dissatisfied and slightly ripped-off.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mavijac
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in a room with king-sized bed. Upon entering the building, the first thing I noticed was the hotel's a little old. The hotel's age reflects on their carpeting. It was old and a little dirty. We used the staircase going to our bedroom (I wasn't sure if they have elevator).

Next thing I noticed was our room's door. It was hard to open and the lock did not recognize the card key initially. Secondly, the carpet, again, looks a little worn. Their ceiling also reflects stains on some spots. And so I was a little afraid that there might be bed bugs. Luckily, there were none. Their bed and pillows are comfortable enough that made us sleep soundly the whole night.

The toilet bowl had rings and when you flush it, the water had some dirt particles. It even makes loud sound when you are flushing it, which sounded like it's clogged or something. When I took a shower, the water supply was weak. I had to stand as close to the head as possible to wash off the soap from my body.

It was a bit chilly the night during our one night stay and so we decided to turn the heater on. Voila! The heater started to smell like it's burning after 5mins of turning it on.

I recommend people to spend a few extra bucks to rent rooms in known chain hotels around the area than stay in this one. Keep out!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I booked my vacation at the Hilltop Inn. I was pleased with every aspect of the accomodations I found the staff to be welcoming and hospitable, would return again
to this Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank cortez450
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This hotel was fine - price was great, clean room, nice pool. The service was very good. I saw lots of negative reviews for this hotel - none of which I experienced.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kronka
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My boyfriend & I contacted this hotel at about 5:30pm to book a room for that night; however, later that evening we discovered that we had to get home immediately. We called to cancel, but were told that we would still be charged $75 for the night. When I questioned this (we were NEVER informed that this was a non-refundable booking), "Mike" at the front desk told me that he was going to go ahead and charge me the full amount for the night, and then he cited a price that was quite a bit higher than the amount we were quoted when we initially called. My boyfriend got on the phone at this point, and "Mike" informed him simply that he was charging my card and that he "didn't have time for this BS" and hung up!

As we didn't want to experience any more of "Mike's" customer service skills, we did not call back. Of course, I am disputing this ridiculous charge on my credit card, and we would never consider staying there. Based on some of the other reviews of this place, it sounds like it's a lucky thing we never actually had to step foot into this place anyway. For the room prices, you would think they could afford to train their employees on how to provide even reasonably decent customer service (it's not rocket science...).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norwalk_CTTraveler
Reviewed July 28, 2009

When I read some of the reviews, I was skeptical. Now I am glad I did not cancel. Granted the motel needs renovations but the employees were very friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and clean. Going back again in September.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joanie09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Sleep Inn & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 5 in New London

Been to Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos? Share your experiences!