“The most beautiful place in Ct to relax”

Inn at Harbor Hill Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Niantic B&B and Inns
Ct
“The most beautiful place in Ct to relax”
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We Just spent the most wonderful weekend at the Inn.We could have not asked for anything more beautiful The view from our room #3 was just breathtaking and the Inn Keppers Dave and Sue are two of the most wonderful people you could meet they make you feel so warm and welcome from the moment you walk through the door til the day you leave.The pictures on the wesite is exactly what you get The Inn overlooks the whole marina and ocean. This is truly our new home away from home. So if you are looking for a pefect place to stay in Ct this is truly it.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank 3970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Reviewed May 22, 2006

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our one year anniversary. We both could not take a prolonged amount of time away from our jobs so we decided that a long weekend would be just perfect. We came across your website and based on the pictures of the inn and the marina, we wanted to stay at the inn. The Inn was quaint and the room had a beaufiul view of the marina. We came in late on Friday night and found our room key waiting for us. We went up to our room and found a beautiful handwritten note as well as a small bottle of champagne to help us celebrate our anniversary. We came down the next morning and enjoyed a delicious breakfast prepared by Michelle. When we were finished with breakfast Pam came over and gave us suggestions for places to see as well as recommending a restrauant for our anniversary dinner. We ended up going to see the Aquarium, the Seaport as well as the town of Mystic. We then decided to come back to the Inn to rest before dinner. We met Sandy when we came back to the Inn and we had a nice conversation with her. That evening we had a delicious seafood dinner at a nearby restaurant. The next day we got up and had another delicious breakfast. Unfortunately, this was our last day to spend at the Inn. Pam was kind enough to take some pictures of myself and my husband. She once again gave us suggestions on what to do for the day. We checked out and headed on another adventure. When we got home my husband and I both agreed that it would have been nice if we could have spent another day at the inn. Since we have been home we have told our friends and family about the wonderful time that we had.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2006

I orginally made the reservation at the Inn as a birthday present to my wife. What drew me to the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina was its excellent web site which gives you every bit of information you could need about accommadions etc, plus great pictures taken by Dave and Sue Labrie the Innkeepers. For myself, I don't like B & B's but this was for my wife and therefore I was willing to make a go of it. Well, was I ever surprised. My wife and I had an excellent two day stay at the Inn. Dave and Sue made us feel right at home. There were many nice touches that they provided such as a birthday card and candies for my wife. Dave has an exceptional ability at helping their guests find terrific restaurants depending on your taste and local activites based on your interests. As for the Inn itself it is in a gorgeous location overlooking the water and the marina. The rooms were very well appointed and the entire Inn including the grounds were immaculate. Weekend breakfast was something to behold. Dave says he does all the cooking but Sue is the one who really keeps everything rolling while Dave entertains the guests with stories of the local activities. Breakfast is a fun time and its very easy to turn to other guests in the room and join in the conversation. My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina and we are already talking about when we can go again. As for me I've changed my attitude about B & B's thanks to the wonderful experience at The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 16, 2006

My wife Eva and I had the unfortunate timing to have booked a brief weekend getaway to the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina that turned out to be the in the middle of the Blizzard of 2006 this February. That was our ONLY regret. Leaving home and arriving in the height of the blizzard was enough to rattle any sense of anticipated relaxation. Not true, our hosts Sue and Dave Labrie immediately made us feel at home and snow was soon forgotten. Most of Niantic was closed down yet Sue and Dave went out of their way to call around to find an open restaurant which was a definite winner. Last but most certainly not least was the room. #7, the Mystic Seaport Lighthouse was nothing short of spectacular! Windows on three sides and unbelieveable ocean views from all. Nothing could have prepared us for the sunrise over the Sound or the full moon at night, both framed perfectly in the large patio window. Storm, what storm?? Great place, exceptional hospitality, highly reccommend dropping in to see Sue and Dave, we'll be back soon.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 20, 2005

Not only was the inn one of the cleanest B&B's we've ever been too but the owners, Dave and Sue are without a doubt, the nicest and most hospitable. For instance, one evening we had ventured out to a restaurant that was now closed on Mondays, well without hesistation, we called the inn for another suggestion and directions to help us navigate our way around, not only where they able to help us but they were genuinely concerned to stay on the phone until we had gotten to our new destination.
The best way that I can explain this experience, overall, is that usually when we've been at B&B's while the encounter was either not good, good, Ok, or what have you, I have never felt so at ease and PLEASED that I've hugged the owner good-bye on my way out. In my book, that speaks VOLUMES!

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 3, 2005

Many people who have experienced the "Old South" know the true meaning of Southern Hospitality. It's warm, sunny mornings with a cool breeze blowing through your bedroom window. It's the smell of honeysuckle and dogwood trees as the aroma of a warm breakfast and coffee reminds you that the whole day is ahead of you. I know. I was raised in the deep, "Old South". My mother and grandmother were your typical finishing school southern belles where appearance was everything from the bed made "just so" and the small finishing touches on table arrangements as important as the overall theme of the season being celebrated i.e. Spring, Summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. At the Inn, Dave and Sue seem to understand what "hospitality" truly means whether Southern, Northern, or just simply, "elegant, friendly, and warm". At the Inn at Harbor Hill one can expect a place of relentless attention to detail in every corner of the home extending all the way down to the gardens outside. The minute you walk through the door you feel as if you've known Sue and Dave for your entire life. You immediately rid yourself of whatever might be ailing you. It just "washes" off of you as the main entrance door closes behind you. They've thought of everything to make your stay a little more special. Like a good book, I'll only ruin it for you if I tell you the ending. Like all good books go, you'll have to "read the ending" yourself and draw your own conclusions. But I can say this.....it'll be an ending that you'll remember and reflect on for years to come. I can assure you that the Inn at Harbor Hill will be a place that you go to in your mind when things seem a little more hectic than normal. The people around you will want to know what it is that you're thinking about because when the whole worlds gone crazy, the memories at the Inn is all the sedation you'll need.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 22, 2005

The Harbor Hill is a very welcoming, comfortable place to stay. The rooms were nicely decorated and everything was incredibly clean. Niantic is a short drive from the downtown areas of Mystic, and there are a couple of good restaurants nearby. The innkeepers were very happy to make suggestions and were helpful and friendly in general. There is also a nice path along the water for walkers and joggers.
Our only disappointment was the breakfast. Most B&Bs are known for their menus, but this spread was strictly a continental breakfast. Bagels, fruit, and cold cereal. Considering the breakfast and the location (driving was required for any destination), we thought the rates were a little high.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank Leah W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#1 of 8 in Niantic
Hilton Mystic
Hilton Mystic
#4 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Inn at Harbor Hill Marina? Share your experiences!