Inn at Harbor Hill Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Niantic Inn(Niantic)
Niantic Motel(Niantic)
View Hotel
All reviewsclark houseb bbreakfast was delicioussue davecomplimentary winerocking chairsbed and breakfasthomemade cookiessoaking tubeach morningnew englandpretzelsgas fireplacestayed longerthe entire stafffrench toasthot dish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I recently took a short 3-day jaunt to the shore in Connecticut. Our on-line pick of a place to stay was the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina in Niantic, CT. We did not choose wrong. The Inn is nicely situated with a view of a marina and very clean, very comfortable rooms. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the morning breakfasts were excellent. We mostly wanted to rest and recharge our batteries and this was exactly the place to do it. The small town of Niantic has some good restaurants (near the Inn) and an extraordinary used bookstore to poke around in. Niantic is close to Mystic where there is a nice aquarium and, of course, the fascinating Mystic Seaport Museum. The sub base at Groton and the US Coast Guard Academy are nearby. We are looking forward to another visit to the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina. It's a winner.

Reg Shrader

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer Clark House (?) building and would prefer it over the main building. Our room was the Captain Polly Room and was very nice.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Not really a "review writer", but my stay at the Inn was worth a mention. Very nice place to spend an autumn weekend. Staff and innkeepers were wonderful, and the room and grounds were immaculate. Breakfast was fresh, plentiful and hot. Room was quiet and peaceful. Complimentary wine and beverages available all day as well. Very nice touches.

I stayed in the newer (2 year old) building. I think next time I will try the original building, because it seemed to have a little more character.

Definitely worth checking out!

Room Tip: I'd go for the upper floor rooms with balconies and fireplaces. great vista.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I don't know where to start...My wife and I stay one night, just to get away. The inn is fabulous.
We were met by the staff who readily explain everything we had to know and them some. We stayed in the "Gull Island Room" which, was perfect in every way. It was SPOTLESS, well decorated, cozy, comfortable. It has a teak deck balcony that overlooks the harbor and marina.
It's a great place to share a glass...or two of wine and breakfast in the morning. The grounds are immaculate and the flowers just pop out at you. If you'd like, you can walk to just about everywhere on Main St. The next time we're in southeast Connecticut, I know where we're staying...the "Inn at Harbor Hill Marina".

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was our first time at this Bed & Breakfast. First off it was so clean and beautifully groomed landscaped. The owners are so friendly, greeted us with big smiles. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I loved being able to sit and look out at the marina, drink a glass of wine as you talk about the day. There was a lot to do in the area. We went and visited some vineyards which was amazing in its self. There is also a lot of shopping and 2 casinos in the area. They provided us with a fabulous breakfast and fresh baked cookies every night :) we will definitely go back. Thank you.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms wood be good. We choose room #9 which was excellent but now We know the place would stay in any of the rooms in the Main house.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at the inn and cannot wait to return! We stayed in the Captain Clark house room 11. The entire house has a beautiful, understated beach decor throughout. And spotlessly clean. Our room opened to the front porch with rocking chairs which we used for coffee in the morning and wine before dinner (both complimentary!). They served a great, complimentary breakfast each day and could not have been more accommodating and were always ready to offer suggestions for dinner,etc.

There are several decent restaurants within walking distance and a lovely little beach, McCooks, about 2 miles down the road. The grounds of the inn, however, are so beautifully landscaped with adirondack chairs throughout that you are tempted to forego your plans for the day just so you can relax in the chairs and enjoy the views. We are planning to return in the winter to enjoy the fireplace in our room!