“Hit or miss..”

East Coast Taco
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Fast Food
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Not quite sure if they changed up cooks or owners etc, but we are local to the area and I use to rave about this place ever since my husband turned me onto it about 5 yrs ago. The gorditas were yummy and flavorful, their wings were quite good and the chip platter with the guac was pretty great as well. Every time we went (2-3 times a month) it was always worth it and satisfying, but about a year or year and half ago we started having some pretty bland and unappealing dishes. At first we thought it was just an off night, then the next time we thought maybe the usual cook was on vacation or had left. We even didn't return for about 3 months and finally one night we gave them another try. It wasn't bad and we were hopeful. Since then, it has been truly hit or miss. Unfortunately, today we tried again. I ordered the special ( bbq brisket gordita with pineapple, salsa,onions etc) a taco salad and two steak tacos for the kiddos and a southwest chicken gordita for my husband. My gordita was flavorful, but that was about it. My husband (who never complains) stated that ECT " definitly wasn't one his favorite places anymore and that his gordita was the poorest excuse for a southwest chickeken gordita that he has ever had" The salad was pretty pathetic too. It's too bad, because it is hard to find a great local place. Maybe if they get the consistency back we could try it agian

1  Thank MelissaP940

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We frequent East Coast whenever we visit my mom in Niantic and always leave satisfied. Funky interior, super friendly staff and great food. Just yesterday I had the fish tacos. I don't know about you, but more often than not, fish tacos can be a real letdown. Not at East Coast. The batter on the cod was perfect, the spicy cole slaw perfectly spiced and crunchy and the guac sauce was excelente! Great place to stop year round in Niantic.

1  Thank chrisooo
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wife thinks that their guacamole is the best in town. I like their chili, wings and taquitos. One of the rare places in the area that deliver.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Order your food at counter, really great food brought to our table at low prices. Husband has allergy to fish, very hard to find a place that does not use same fryer for fish and french fries, chicken, etc. Try it you will love it!

1  Thank AuntieDee
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great food , especially the grilled vegetable burrito. The salsa is the best around . Friendly atmosphere. Try East Coast Taco, you won't be disappointed.