“A Beach Day Favorite!”

Family Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our family frequently visits Rocky Neck Beach. After a great day at the beach we always visit Family Pizza for Pizza, Salads, Pasta, Hot dogs, and or sandwiches. We enjoy sitting out on the patio. The service has always been great and very friendly. It is a great place to take kids.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This truly is the best pizza ever!!! I drive all the way from north Jersey to feed to craving for this pizza. The blend of cheeses on the pizza couldn't be better!! I had never heard of a place not offering pizza by the slice but after tasting Family Pizza's pizza, I now understand... No way anyone could eat just one slice!!! All of the ingredients are top quality and the freshness of the pizza when it comes to the table makes it hard to wait for it to cool to eat. This restaurant is aptly named as it is not only family friendly but the family that owns and runs it for generations now make you feel welcome and like part of the family :) Any time I am in New England I make the trip for some of the many pizza offerings. Whichever one you choose you can't go wrong!!
I am headed to CT this weekend and you can be sure I will stop by Family Pizza :)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I wasn't sure about there famouse two foot long mega dog until i tried one. OMG! I had a bacon chili cheese dawg that had homemade chili real bacon and real cheeae and has been the best mega dog i have had ever! I keep going back for more! Great place!

1  Thank antoine06066
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Not only was the service very slow but there was no water provided, the waitress never came to check on us or take a second drink order, and I had to wait so long for the check that I finally went to the cash register to pay (avoiding the broken pieces of plate on the floor that our neighbor dropped but had never been cleaned up).

The food itself was barely edible. Chef could be seen in the kitchen with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. The pasta was so overcooked that it was all but disintegrating. Garlic bread was awful. I ordered pasta with sausage and they forgot the sausage so I just got plain sauce. After waiting so long to get even that I dared not send it back to the kitchen.

When I went to pay they charged me for pasta with meat sauce. When I told them that I just had plain pasta with sauce the owner told me that it was my fault because I didn't have the waitress take it back the kitchen. She refused to accept that the error had been theirs. After I told them that it was not fair to charge me for meat that I didn't get the owner told he waitress to reduce the fee by 40 cents. Her attitude was awful. I can see why other reviewers feel that the restaurant is in bad hands. We will NEVER return. Every other restaurant we have been to in Niantic has had great food and adequate to good service. No need to be treated this was and eat bad food.

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love this place and the sauce on their pizza is the best. My family has also had many of their grinders and all have been very good. Delicious moussaka, Greek lemon chicken soup, gyros and fish and chips. Try the perfect French fries & homemade rice pudding, too. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. My family has been eating here for over 20 years (they were in a smaller building down the street) and have never had a bad meal or experience. We even come here for our birthdays.

1  Thank winky t