“Yikes!”

Burke's Tavern
Ranked #35 of 44 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't understand the appeal of this bar. I can't think of one reason to go there. I've been twice, only because I was dragged along by coworkers who wanted to eat outside for lunch a couple of times. The first time, it was a beautiful sunny day, we walked into a dimly lit bar, where a few people looked up from bar stools they might possibly have been permanently attached to, and squinted their eyes at us, as if they had not seen the sun in hours. The carpet is ripped and dirty. The place smells, and things are in a state of disarray. The outside wasn't even set up, so we just dragged a table out, and set up a few chairs.

Despite there being less than a half dozen customers our drink order (for three people) took twenty minutes, and they messed up my drink. It was supposed to be a gin and tonic. It was a rum and tonic. When I sent it back, the girl came back almost ten minutes later with a rum and coke. The thing is, I don't think they were trying to be rude. I think they're just that clueless. Oh, and the food was terrible. I think that says it all. They're awful, and I'm not quite sure how they manage to stay open.

There are newer reviews for Burke's Tavern

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Years ago this used to be a local hot spot that I spent many Friday nights at, but a couple owners and a recession later it has deteriorated to a dump. Horrible food, inattentive bartenders, and a run-down feel await you here. Keep driving and hit Black Sheep or Sunset Ribs.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

It is a tavern but it has some surprisingly good food.