“Not much different that Skippers”

Dad's Restaurant of Niantic
Ranked #15 of 44 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Kennewick, Washington
“Not much different that Skippers”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The location needs to focus on curb appeal. It was a busy place upon arrival, however the food does not differ much from skippers. I hear that "the dock" down the road is better. I do have to compliment their Lobster Fritters, as they were outstanding.

• Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Casual Family Restaurant with GREAT Service”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were driving down the coast from Boston through Connecticut, and after having stopped by Harkness Memorial State Park, drove through Niantic and found Dad's. It is a very casual family type restaurant, with picnic tables (inside) to eat on. My wife had the lobster roll and said it was the best she had eaten on our trip. I had the fried fish dinner which I would describe as very good but not great, However, the service was extraordinary After lunch, we noted they had a separate ice cream counter, so we decided we would give it a try. My wife asked for coffee ice cream and they said they were out, so she picked another flavor. Meanwhile, the manager (owner, Dad, not sure ???), heard the conversation and went to the back freezer and found the coffee ice cream. He proceeded to deliver to us an extra large helping on the house. And may I note that the coffee ice cream, the blackberry ice cream, and the vanilla ice cream sandwich were all outstanding! Even with the good food and desert, what we will remember most is the great service. Highly recommended for a great casual meal.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MiddleAgedMarriedMan
“Love the place”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My favorite place for me and my family when we go to niantic. People are great love the atmosphere. The ice cream is top notch. I would recommend people to make dads a recommended stop.

• Visited June 2012
Mamanuca Islands, Fiji
“garbage food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

went there with my wife and sister and our baby
i expected some effort in the food than from the freezer to the fryer to the plate crap.
nothing tasted good at all
kids would probably like this place more
i had the shrimp and clams
i noticed the kitchen staff just standing around doing nothing
the service was kinda slow

quiet atmosphere, decent service, GARBAGE food and could have at least been proportionate to its value
ill never return

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank louispravo23
East Lyme, CT
“Summer ICE CREAM”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We go to Dad's for the ice cream, but they have a full summer menu for casual dining at picnic tables indoors and out. Great for dining with the kids or celebrating after a little league win.

Visited June 2012