“Way overpriced for average taste”

Dad's Restaurant of Niantic
Ranked #18 of 44 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Though this restaurant was almost by the water, the view was not great at all.

The deco looked like one of those more authentic sea food restaurants that provide good value sea food. But eventually we found out the restaurant provided nothing of value.

The lobster sandwich cost us 13.99. It was a few small chunks of lobster leg meat on a tiny stale bread. I believe this should cost 4.99, not 13.99.

The fritter cost 8.99 with 8 fried floor balls with a tiny "hint" of lobster in it. I would not even pay 4$ for it.

And all of them tasted average.

I cannot believe there are people who recommend this place!
Avoid this restaurant!

4  Thank Alexoz02

Reviewed May 6, 2011

A friend and I stopped by while down at "the shore" on business. We were excited to have some local seafood while we were in the area. I ordered the clam chowder and the fried clam strips. Everything tasted ok, but I seriously doubt any of it was "home made". The chowder tasted like canned soup and the strips, onion rings, and fries were all store bought and freshly fried. Not what I would expect from a seafood business on the shore. The place was clean and the service was friendly, if it's any consolation.

1  Thank Patsrule7
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This restaurant was recommended by one of guests that stayed in our same B&B and we decided to try it when we were staying in Niantic this weekend. All I wanted was a cheeseburger with light mayo. Unfortunately, it seemed that this was a "dumb" request per the teenage girl in the back. She started making comments that were loud enough for me to hear even though I was seated away from the grill by the window. This restaurant should teach their staff to be careful on how they speak and how they react to certain requests.

Even though the food was good. I would not visit this place again because of the immaturity of the staff. They should hire better people.

1  Thank SirenaJ
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Dad's isn't the most formal place, but if you are looking for quality seafood, search no further. They make the best lobster roll I have ever, time and time again, anywhere. No lettuce or mayo, like on the Cape or in Maine. Just fresh boiled hot lobster on a toasted hot dog roll, drissled in butter if desired. I can taste it now!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Dad's is way over rated. Their food is way too greasy. I used to dine here at least twice a summer and someone suggested I try Skipper's which is down the street. Skipper's puts Dad's to shame. Food is much less greasy, the restaurant is a lot cleaner and the people are great.

1  Thank momoftwoct