“Ugh salad.”

Main Street Grille
Ranked #17 of 43 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Groton, Connecticut
“Ugh salad.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Sorry maybe it's changed but when I went there the big salad was not good and when I told the waitress about it, she didn't seem to care. It was new then, so maybe it has improved.

East Lyme, Connecticut
“Really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The menu is plentiful and the dishes taste good. I like that they are willing to customize or even make a dish that's not on the menu as long as they have the ingredients in their kitchen. The owner is fantastic and makes the rounds greeting people making everyone feel welcome. I would recommend anyone to stop in and have a great meal in a wonderful area where you can walk with shops and the bay just feet away. During the summertime the restaurant opens a double decker deck overlooking the water to enjoy while eating your meals.

Visited December 2012
Bristol, New Hampshire
“Food and service is good but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Food and service is good but not great. The price is reasonable. I have been here numerous times as my mother likes the restaurant so when we visit we go here. You can eat outside in the summer. Nice large bar area is slightly separate from the eating areas so even when full the restaurant is not to noisy.

Nice environment but not overly fancy. Drink size is good. Overall this is a good place to eat and drink but if you are looking for gourmet food keep looking.

• Visited December 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“Main Street Grille, Broad Brook, CT./ used to be Sam Buca's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I never went to this restaurant when it was Sam Buca's but I've just had dinner and watched Off The Cuff perform there less than a week ago. It is now called Main Street Grille but your receipt may still say Sam Buca's. I also could not get the Trip Advisor program to locate the website online but there is one.

We seemed to have the same problem (as a previous reviewer) with our waitress. She was young; inexperienced; had little common sense (never walk by a table with empty hands...take something with you back to the kitchen!) if any. However she was pleasant and cheerful throughout the evening. She also failed to clear our tiny table so I stacked our dishes and handed them to her when we were finished with them. We also quickly learned to ask for another drink before you were ready for it because chances are you she wouldn't be back very soon. That idea served us well. (this is not my first rodeo with less than stellar waitresses).

The potato skins were excellent! The seafood meal was less than it could have been. The fish was cooked fine and the potato was also good but the coleslaw came on the plate in a little cup like you'd get from a fast food place. Is there a shortage of coleslaw in the world?

My cob salad was adequate but not exceptional at all and seemed to be missing most of the ingredients that would make it a cob salad; it was just a salad. I thought the prices were slightly too high for the food we received coupled with the waitress not being up to par as well. This place needs to whip their wait staff into shape and fast! And it wouldn't hurt to take another look at the food they offer and make some adjustments there as well.
I've also noticed that the menu on their website is not complete; several items are not listed on it. The overall appearance is that someone didn't finish it (although the waitress told us they've been in business about a year). Not professional looking.

The band Off The Cuff was great and they've played there before. I think the band was responsible for filling the restaurant for them. They should continue to have musical entertainment of some kind with no cover charge. I'm sure their alcohol sales were through the roof when they had the band there. I happen to know that band has quite a following.

Overall I'm getting the impression that most of the same wait staff from Sam Buca's may still be working at Main Street Grille and if they don't improve on their training there will be more problems in that direction again. They would also benefit by offering a more plentiful meal where possible (stop skimping on the coleslaw) or eliminate everything but the pizza and grinders they offer. They are falling short of being a REAL restaurant and coming across as more of a pizza joint with music.

• Visited March 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“errrors with order”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My daughter ordered a turkey club- and got a turkey sandwich. My husband ordered a tuna club with wheat bread- they brought a turkey club on white. My daughter didn't say anything and just ate the small sandwich. My husband said he ordered tuna- no apology was made- the waitress just left -we all ate while he watied- The tuna club came back- on white. No one apologized- we won't hurry back.

• Visited March 2013