“Delicious Food”

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food was very good. We had a sushi roll, then shared a green curry entree. The curry was flavorful but not hot/spicy which was perfect for me.
There has been a heat wave here, so the AC was much appreciated.
Interesting quirk- the water has no ice. That is fine by me, but not typical of most places I have eaten.
My only complaint is that the music was sappy and much too loud. We might have lingered longer or ordered a drink after dinner but the music was driving us nuts.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is my third visit to this Restaurant. Being a Monday Evening I figured it would be less busy. We had called to make a reservation for our party of 10. On arrival the waitress who seated us seemed unaware of our reservation and no tables had been set aside. No matter she pulled together a few tables and accommodated us promptly. That was the last prompt act in this restaurant.Everything else from that point on was poorly done and extreme slow service was the pace of the day. When our glasses were filled with water we asked for ice- not an unusual request given it was a hot summer evening. We were cheerfully informed the water was cold. It wasn't and we asked for ice again which eventually showed up. Appetizers were slow to arrive and were handled sloppily. There were no chopsticks for the sushi, and no bowl for the dipping sauce. One would think it would be a simple matter to remind the wait staff but it turned out to be complicated as they promptly disappeared.The entrees were extremely late-we waited over an hour AFTER finishing the appetizers.The group on our left who were seated after us left walked out in disgust. The couple behind us made some noise about the distance they had to travel to get back home and the people in the table next to them walked out just before we got served.This on a less than busy night.
The food was tasty and spiced right but our mood and appetites were destroyed. The person who ordered drunken noodles with chicken complained his dish was loaded with red and green peppers and very few bits of chicken.
Clearly this establishment will be having trouble. Will it survive once the summer tourists leave?
I continue to hope that the service issues will get addressed as Niantic benefits greatly from an ethnic restaurant. I for one will not be one of their customers.Its three strikes and out for me.

2  Thank paparam
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Every time we visit The Spice Club we try something new and it's always a pleasant surprise. Everything is soo good, the service is excellent. We simply love going to this restaurant. Hands down!

1  Thank arecibena
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Totally surprised at getting great Thai in little downtown Niantic. We had the Thai basil, panama curry, chicken satay, and Thai fried rice. Service was fantastic and the price was great $46 for a family of 4.

1  Thank Mutt239
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I met up with some friends here for dinner and we had a great night. I had the green curry with vegetables, and despite the huge serving I ate all of it because it was just that good. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun, and the waitstaff were friendly and accommodating . I look forward to going again soon.

1  Thank NwEnglndGrl