“Very good pizza in Niantic CT”
Review of Ray's New Haven Style Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ray's New Haven Style Pizza
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great crust - dry and thin and tasty - simple sauce, a little light on the cheese, generous toppings - pepperoni on one and black olives on the other. So much pepperoni that the pizza was somewhat oily. Friendly service. Reasonable prices. Recommended.

There are newer reviews for Ray's New Haven Style Pizza

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Love Ray's New Haven Style Pizza. It's great we have such a nice place to get pizza in Niantic.
My favorite pizza is Patty's Pick, it's awesome!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I went with my family after coming back from the State Beach in R.I. for the day to Ray's after we all decided pizza sounded like a good idea.
The atmosphere is simple and you can seat yourself and then a waitress to come to your table.

Tonight they had one waitress serving all the tables and she was doing a good job considering the amount of people that came in for dinner.
Also the takeout business was crazy there phone was ringing off the hook.
Saw alot of folks picking up pizza.

We decided to go with an 18 in pizza cheese and a small 1/2 meatball and pepperoni.

Our pizza took about a 1/2 hr to get but was worth the wait. I am not sure how long a seat down order normally takes.

Anyway with all 4 of us eating this pizza the texture and taste was excellent.

I am a very picky eater when it comes to a place saying its New Haven Style Pizza.

Thats a big statement to make.

They do not cook it in a brick oven like Pepe's,Modern or Sally's.

Still for this region of the state with all the other pizza places around this one is really as close as you will get to the taste of what New Haven pizza tastes like when you are not able to get to Wooster St or State St in New Haven.Is this the best pizza I have ever had no.Is this the best in this region I have ever had yes.Many places have pizza places and the locals normally if you ask will have there favorites that goes for any city or town in the United States. If your not looking for some over priced fancy pizza place that has a good selection of lunch and dinner selections then this is your place.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been a regular since they opened, we eat there at a minimum every other week. Recently the quality has gone down as well as the service. We placed an order and were told delivery would be within the hour , over an hour and a half later I called and was hung up on when I asked were our order was. I called back and asked for the manager and was told he wasn't in, then when I voiced my complaint was told I was talking to the manager and informed him what had happened and he basically told me "oh well" I asked for the owner and be said he was his nephew and to deal with it. The order finally arrived and was wrong but because of the lack of concern on the first call I decided its just easier to find a new place to order from.

1  Thank galbosm
Reviewed July 25, 2013

OUr room at the Inn was so nice we didnt want to go out to dinner. So we brought in a pizza and salad and ate at the Inn on the porch .