“Mmmmm good!”

Cafe SoL
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Cafe
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Cant believe we have lived in East Lyme for four years and never came here until today! Relaxing cafe atmosphere. Fun drink menu (today tried lemonade fizzies- lime, pomegranate and blueberry- all great!). Enjoyed a cheese quesadilla , simple but nice flavor. Also morocco tomato, very yummy with authentic flavors. Bbq chicken salad also great. Highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

we had sandwiches and soup and all was delicious. a nice little shop with seating both inside and out. local artwork hanging on the walls. Fresh and tasty. would recommend

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I went before heading on our anniversary weekend to Foxwoods. I had the BLaT in gluten free wrap which was delicious. Bacon, lettuce, avocado and lettuce. However, they added a serving of pasta on the side which was not gluten free. They apologized and gave me a side of fruit salad instead. Very cute place. Staff is friendly too.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife had been wanting to try this restaraunt for some time, so we finally decided to stop in an have a quick bite. The cafe itself is small with only a coulpe of tables on the inside, but has a large "patio" seating area that was quite nice on the day we went. The menu itself is a little slim, and is a little ecletic, so just go in with an open mind and a hungry stomach. They serve breakfast and lunch all day long (not sure if it's everyday, but we went on Saturday and they said that they do), so there's a good amount of things to choose from. And, to make things better, everything is made to order, so we were encouraged to order it exactly how we'd want it. That sounds simple, but it's not so easy to find that type of service in today's food scene where everything is pre-made and frozen. Any way, my wife ordered a breakfast sandwich and a iced coffee (which was a little but more cream and sugar than she liked, but it wasn't too bad), and I ordered the "Opposites Attract" wrap which was turkey, cheese, lettuce, and some pickled peppers with a light smathering of their version of buffalo sauce (it was more of a horseradish-y taste to me, but was still pretty good). Also, I ordered my wife and I the "Bean Dip" appetizer, which came highly recommended by the staff. It contained some house-made hummus, an excellent bean-lime dip (seriously good!), and some veggies and crispy breads to dip with. Overall, it was a very good meal and was resonably priced as well.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

While it looked cute and the menu sounded good, it wasn't!
We sat outside and although the restaurant wasn't busy, we had to go in 3 times to check on our order! My friend had the quesodia and she said it was like eating play dough ! I had a veggie wrap with Avocado, awful tasting! The avocado was not ripe, hard and tasteless ! The food was a bit pricy, no one ever came to see if we needed anything and we had to bring our plates inside. We waited around the cash register while the hostess chatted and I finally asked if we could pay for this disappointing meal!
Cute, outdoor dining but the good was not worth the trip!