“The wings are great”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good food with a good atmosphere. Service is acceptable to good. The wings and Guinness are worth the trip.

There are newer reviews for The Black Sheep

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The bar staff was inexperienced. The restaurant looked dingy and dirty. I wouldn't except the food that was served to me...the shrimp had a putrid smell to them...absolutely sour smelling. Couldn't even eat after smelling it. Will never eat there again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I like this bar. The renovation was well done, and they have a great atmosphere. The bartenders and staff are friendly. They have a great selection of beer and wine. The food is good, nothing extraordinary, but reliable. You can get a good burger here, and the moules frites is pretty good. Great for knocking back a couple of pints.

1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Recently stopped for lunch, I really enjoyed chatting with the staff and the drinks were fine but the food? OMG, it was very poor, very poor delivery, with no napkins or forks and knives, condidments on table were empty. Need a new cook, If they think that they can open a resteraunt in Westerly RI with that kinda food and delivery they are MISTAKEN. For a drink or some beers its fine. For food go elsewhere.

1  Thank john c
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Black Sheep Pub was recommended by an acquaintance. My husband and I went in on a Wednesday afternoon around 2:00 p.m. for a quick lunch. The place was about 1/3 full..... we were seated and then waited....and waited....and waited. It was a good 15 minutes and NO ONE came by to even take a drink order. We talked about leaving and going someone else but dismissed that idea because we had limited time - a three hour drive ahead of us - and we were not familiar with other Niantic restaurants.

Finally the hostess made the eye contact we had been trying to establish. Now that our order was in, we noticed that people that had been there before us were still waiting for their food. We too waited.... and waited some more..... I ordered a plain burger - no bun with a small salad, my hub got a regular cheeseburger w/ fries. Pretty basic pub fare, how much time could that take?
Once the food came -- a good 25 minutes later it was actually quite good (I'm not kidding though....I was timing them). The table next to us (there before us) finally got their food just as we were leaving. Incredibly bad service and obviously poor staffing on the owners part. I would have to think long and hard before I gave them another shot. Maybe some day when I have an entire day available to eat lunch.

2  Thank joyce c