“excellent Indian food!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“excellent Indian food!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I always enjoy Kolam and am willing to drive the half hour to eat the delicious Indian food they serve. My favorite appetizer is gobi lasuni, but if I eat all of that, I have no room for dinner, so I usually share it. I also like the masala dosa. For main course I love the Konkan prawns. Delicious! make sure to have plenty of nan to sop up the gravy. because I have had the appetizer, I usually take a good portion of my entree home, and it is just as good the next day. Onion kulcha is the best I have ever had. Service is attentive and helpful if you are new to Indian food. The kitchen has been most accommodating and made me something I like if they are not too busy. Definitely worth a trip to Newtown!!!!

Visited January 2014

Newtown, Connecticut
“A gem!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Do not let the location fool you - tucked away in a small commercial complex, next to a U Haul rent a truck. A small, nondescript restaurant, you are immediately transported to a wonderful and exotic culinary experience. Incredibly friendly and hospitable staff, fantastic selection of authentic Indian cuisine. Very fair prices.
Kolam is a can't miss dining experience. What a treat to be able to visit this magical place right here in town!

Visited January 2014
Fairfield, CT
“The very best!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Food and service very excellent! Simply the best restaurant in the area. Warm, cozy and friendly! All of us liked every dish we ordered.appetizer calamari and the spinach n cheese appetizer in a apricot sauce was awesome! The chicken tikka masala yum!

Hartford, Connecticut
“Fantastic Indian food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I always look forward to going to Kolam. The food is great and so is the service. From the outside you would never think there is an Indian restaurant inside. Once inside the decor is minimal but the food is what is it all about! If you are looking for a great Indian restaurant in Northern Fairfield county this is the place!! Prices are very reasonable too.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Consistently Deelish - this is our go to indian place”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

To start, I am north indian, and this place claims to be south indian, but the dishes are all basically north indian with south indian names. I had to say that because thats a good thing. North American palates are not quite ready for south indian dishes yet. With that out of the way, this place is fabulous. The ambiance is pretty decent, not nyc trendy or fancy, but def on the fancier side for an indian restaurant. the food is always cooked fresh, with decent portion sizes. definitely not on the cheap side, but a very good value. we always order a few vegetarian dishes and some chicken, lamb and fish, which are all better than average. probably top 3 indian restaurant in fairfield county. you definitely want to order family style here as the portions are large enough to share. We are usually a group of 4 adults with 5 kids (5-11), and we order (2) veggie, (2) chicken, (2) lamb and a fish dish. along with several variations of their breads. Plenty of basmati rice comes along with each dish so dont order any more. (we always have left overs for a couple of doggie bags. Wine list is decent (7/10), but if you consider yourself a connoisseur, then bring your own and pay a 10$ corkage fee. I personally prefer the indian lagers with my meal. Desserts are also a must. I would skip the apps and just order an extra dish if you think you might be a big eater. enjoy.

• Visited July 2013