“True Old School Diner - Honest and Good”
Review of Blue Colony Diner

Blue Colony Diner
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Danbury, Connecticut
“True Old School Diner - Honest and Good”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love this place, it's been here forever and fills a great need. Easy on/off 84 Exit 10 -

Great breakfast, sandwiches, hot plates...especially desserts and baked goods. The help is great, very polite and attentive. Don't miss the HUGE assortment of baked goods in front (cooked on premise).

I went there last night and has roast turkey dinner, moms had omelette, dad had the spinach pie...we all loved it.

Highly recommended

• Visited April 2013

CT
“Good breakfast ... Disappointing lunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on the way to Florida for breakfast and it was pretty good. Bakery items looked inviting so we bought some to munch on. Heavy on shortening and plenty of flaky crust but not a lot of fruit mixture in the turnovers. Three months later we stopped for sandwiches and they were disappointing to say the least. I had the Philly cheesesteak that was so oily the bread was a soggy mess after a few bites. The peppers and onions were hard and not close to being cooked. Ended up using a fork and ate the steak and cheese. Tasted fine but oil was all over the plate and me. My wife had a BLT with bacon tough as leather and the lettuce was wilted and yellowing. Waitresses were friendly and service was fine. We thought that the problem was the menu ... Too vast trying to offer something for everyone and quality can't keep pace with quantity. Though it has a good reputation and seems popular with locals we won't be stopping again. Really nothing special and not a true American diner.

Visited April 2013
Andover, New Hampshire
“Will not eat there again”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had high hopes for this diner...as it is a mid-way point for long trips to PA. The extended family of 6 have eaten there twice and won't go again. The sandwiches are very average, nothing special. The dish that put us over the edge was the fried scallops. Van de Kamps frozen scallops would have been much better. I think they just have TOO MANY menu items to provide really good food. The wait staff was good. Too bad we won't ever eat there again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank PureVida_CostaRica
Niceville, Florida
“If you enjoy a good Diner breakfast, this is it”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I just finished breakfast here and I enjoyed it so much more than the Sandy Hook diner. This diner, the Blue Colony is also in Sandy Hook, just off I-84 in exit 10 but the two places are night and day. I like home fries that are fresh, flush with potatoey goodness, and piping hot. That is exactly what I was served this morning and I got it in less than five minutes.
The owner whose name I would ruin if I tried to spell it, said his family has owned and operated the Blue Colony for 40 years. In fact, their 40 year anniversary is 19 March. If you happen to visit on that day, I bet he'd get a kick out of hearing, "Happy Anniversary!" I like doing little special things like that. It doesn't cost anything but it makes the other person feel wonderful.

ma
“Overrated”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Over rated!!
Corn beef was very good, baked goods were fair if that.
Service was lacking.. Waitress who could have cared less if we were there and the woman at the register just wanted her money..
I'll pass on this place, which is a far cry from a diner.

• Visited February 2013