“Delicious ice cream”

Ferris Acres Creamery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Newtown
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was our first visit to Ferris Creamery. It came highly recommended by a friend. There are many flavors to choose from. My husband had the dark chocolate ice cream with hard chocolate topping. I had the chocolate yogurt with peanut butter cup. My yogurt was so flavorful and rich tasting. My husband liked his a lot too. There is only outdoor seating- chairs and tables. The views are very relaxing. They close for the season the end of October.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Once you have ice cream here at the Creamery in Newtown, CT, you won't want to go anywhere else! I live 1/2 hour away, but it's well worth the drive. It is always a treat, to get the creamiest, freshest ice cream. No matter what the flavor, it tastes as though it was just made that morning. There are so many delicious flavors to try, and such great concoctions! The portions are huge and the prices reasonable. I always end up getting the child size, and it's plenty! I have also discovered their ice cream cakes that you may special order with your favorite flavors. A great place for a birthday cake and again, the right price. The atmosphere makes me feel like a kid again. The cows are across the street on the rolling hills, and the barn right behind the ice cream "barn". Benches and tables are available to sit and enjoy your treat. There is always a line, but what would you expect for the greatest ice cream??! We will be heading over there again soon before they close for the winter. YUM

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I am an ice cream lover and I can certainly say they have the best ice cream in the World !!!

The only negative about this place is that unfortunately they close during the winter :(

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Fresh, creamy, delicious ice cream always served by friendly staff. My family just loves the Creamery! I usually enjoy a dark chocolate espresso milkshake but there are so many creative flavors to choose from. A wonderful treat any day!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Okay so there was a crowd AND there was a bit of difficulty parking AND a few cars came a bit too close to the customers trying to get a spot on the far side. It was raining on our first visit and it was still packed with ice cream aficionados. Now that is the downside.

The ice cream stand is set in front of a working dairy farm with black and white cows dotting the hill and fields around Rt 302 and the parking area. There are picnic tables and benches and rocks to sit on. I don't know if it was good timing, but we were able to find open seating easily.

The upside (and why you come to this wonderful place) the ice cream was fantastic. I don't think I could come up with enough descriptive adjectives or ones you have read here before.

Though there was a great deal of people the lines moved quickly and people were friendly. I mean who wouldn't be waiting for an ice cream treat? The first visit I thought I'd take it easy, a hot fudge sundae with Moo tracks vanilla with peanut butter and chocolate. The fudge was perfect not too sweet, whipped cream, peanuts and cherry on top. I wish I stuck with my original plan and gotten the rookie-size sundae, but on advice from the server I went for the regular size. It was a lot of ice cream for me and sadly some ended up in the trash.

The second visit a few days later, I had 2 scoop cup —White House (almond ice cream with generous amount of cherries) and Raspberry swirl chunk (Vanilla base with swirl of raspberry and dark choc. chips.) It was a perfect combo.

Looks like there are some standard flavors but the rotate in a good deal of special selections. All the pricing looked more than reasonable.

If you have time to sit and enjoy a day in Newtown CT it is worth a trip. I wish I lived closer. On second thought I'd probably gain too much weight. But still, what a heavenly way to add it!