“Because of COVID-19 dining”
Review of Lucas Local

Lucas Local
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Newtown
Reviewed June 28, 2020 via mobile

Because of COVID-19 dining options have been lets say less than desirable.
So the fact that indoor dining has returned to our new norm was a treat.
After being sheltered in place for four months I had seafood on my mind. I was indecisive about traveling to coastal CT for seafood considering thats where most of the seafood restaurants reside or so I thought? I open up my trusty web browser to find a relatively new spot for seafood just twenty minutes away from my home. That gem is know as Lucas Local Oyster Bar In Newtown, CT.

I placed my reservation for Lucas on Open Table and received an immediate reply to confirm my 6pm reservation.
At 4:45pm I realized I needed to change the time to 6:30pm. Called Lucas and was greeted by a lovely young lady on the phone who gladly changed the reservation which was immediately confirmed by email.

On Arrival I found the restaurant to be quaint and tastefully decorated. As we walked up to the outdoor podium we were greeted by the host who also took the time to wish me a happy birthday(I guess open table gave me up). We were seated inside at a comfortable table we a view of all the workings of this establishment. The first and most important thing I must comment on is the Staff! Every single one of them was happy, exceedingly courteous and spot on with their specific tasks. The only way I can explain it is like a well executed ballet, with servers go in and out to serve outdoor guests as well. Nothing frenzied or harried. The owner of this establishment chose the best of the best in this reviewers eyes!

Now on to the menu, I do suggest going to their website to see the current menu as I believe that it changes seasonally.

Lucas Local has a wide and varied selection of seafood to please everyones pallet as well as non seafood items for those who engage in seafood.

My recommendations are as follows-
Appetizers-
1. Steamers delicious and sweet!
2. Crab Arrancini
3. Fresh made Ceasar salad which was perfect!

Main Course-
1. Chefs Spring Risotto with woodfire shrimp with peas and mint - outstanding.

2. The North Atlantic Snow crab with a healthy batch of three clusters of crab legs, french fries and cole slaw, definitely a summer favorite!!

This establishment gets five stars in this reviewers book since everything was done the right way! We will be returning for sure! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Date of visit: June 2020
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed March 1, 2020

Two couples had dinner at Lucas Locals. We we're very disappointed in the menu selections, the quality of the food, the loud environment and the lack of top shelf gin. However it was the lack of acoustical absorbing material that was the biggest problem. Even with the small tables and uncomfortable seats leaning forward you were unable to hear the conversation at our table unless you yelled. I for one had a sore and hoarse throat at the end of the evening. Some acoustical absorbing material on the walls, ceiling and floor can solve the problem. Better gin could solve a second problem. A more simiplified but diverse menu could solve a third problem. We will give a 4+ rating for de incor. We eat out very often and like to go to nice place for dinner. We rate this experience a 2+. Sorry we will not be back.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed December 1, 2019

I haven't been there recently but they need to put seat cushions on their chairs.
The food is terrific - seating not so comfortable. Just a seat cushion folks - just get seat cushions.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019 via mobile

Went last week for Happy Hour with family. Superb oysters at $15 a dozen, wonderful Old Fashioneds and Negronis, and a fantastic lobster roll. A MUST VISIT in Fairfield County

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank 416robertm
Reviewed October 26, 2019 via mobile

Went for the first time with another couple and had a great time. We were not rushed, ambiance was appealing and the food was top notch. We were a little suspect due to the limited menu but the reviews were positive....so glad we gave it a try. The assortment of available oysters was also fantastic. 5 different regions were available including Cape Cod and Maine. We have added Lucas Local to our return list!

Date of visit: October 2019