“poor service,poor food,poor restaurant.”

Tambascio's Italian Grill
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Shelton, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor service,poor food,poor restaurant.”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Wish we had gone to Vazzy's. Chicken was over cooked,so dry my wife could not eat it. The lasagna was ok not great not bad.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Dan M

“Loved the guitar player”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Long wait on a Saturday night. Had a guitar player for live entertainment who was phenomenal. Mixing Italian songs with some great classic rock acoustics. We will go back for the entertainment, food/service was average. Owner was a nice guy

Albuquerque, NM
“Perfectly good family Italian”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Apparently there are no truly exceptional restaurants in Newtown, so relative to other Newtown restaurants, Tambascio's more then holds its own. We have dined there several times since moving to Newtown in November 2010. I have had the roasted tomato and goat cheese ravioli, one of the nightly specials (I think it was gnocchi), and the lasagna, and I would order them all again. My kids (ages 4 and 5) love this place, and so does my husband, who is quite a foodie. I myself am a very picky eater, and Italian is my favorite. I am sure we will become regulars here over the years.

• Visited December 2010
2 Thank Jennifer K
Redding, Connecticut
“Best Pizza Around”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We love the pizza here. The sauce is so delicious, always! We drive from Redding to take home most Friday nights. The entree menu offers a nice selction but not very child friendly. I do find the entrees hit or miss depending on which night you dine here, same is true of service. I wont go there on Sunday nights any more. However, have always been pleased on Friday and Sat nights.

2 Thank MomWhoHatesToCook