“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sal e Pepe Restaurant and Bar

Sal e Pepe Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Redding, Connecticut, USA
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Come here for a light dinner last week. Clearly the restaurant has a strong local following, many regulars and many families. Certainly a good sign anywhere. The service was friendly and efficient. The menu has all the standards and a few less typical items. We just had appetizers and split a pasta dish. There was more than enough food for two; the appetizer portions are huge, as are the salads. All were excellent and well presented. Nothing fancy, just good Italian food. I can see why people keep coming back here, and I will too.

Visited April 2013

Naugatuck, CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have been here 5 times in 1 1/2 years. Each time is better than the time before! The food is always prepared well and hot when served! The entrees are upscale as is the atmosphere. A great place for a large party too! We've had 2 events with 14 of us there and the service is fantastic. I enjoy the desserts too. They have a dessert chef who does an incredible job on the finishing touches for the evening! I would recommend Sal e Pepe's too anyone!

Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Sal and Pepe is Consistently Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Think this place is friendly, has a nice atmosphere and I love the food. Hope they never take the veal gorgonzola off the menu.

Visited March 2013
Connecticut
“Good, not great for a couple's night out.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been to Sal e Pepe's several times for "girl's night" out. I've always enjoyed the food, martini's and atmosphere on those occasions. Going there with my husband for a special night out was less enjoyable. Our table for 2 was so close to the next table that I felt as though we were all sitting together. Their wine list was disappointing - not enough variety or Italian wines. I ordered the Redfish from the specials menu. It was dry and had no sauce. My husband's Bronzini was better. The appetizers, salads and pastas that I've ordered with friends in the past have been much better. Maybe fish isn't their strong suit. I will most likely go back with a group, but the next dinner out with just my husband will be somewhere else.

Trumbull, Connecticut
“Excellent Evening Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my second trip to Sal e Pepe and I have to say it was excellent. The meatballs were as close to Mom's as can be and the service was very attentive. The price was very reasonable. If you want to have good food, a nice atmosphere and attentive service, give Sal e Pepe a try. You will not be disappointed.