“Favorite mexican!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #7 of 97 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newington, Connecticut
“Favorite mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My ultimate favorite Mexican Restaurant!! Great, Fast service! Awesome food and atmosphere! Jam-packed on Cinco de Mayo! But still worth the wait to be seated,

Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Average Mexican Food on the East Coast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Being from So.Cal., I have found it hard to find good Mexican food on the east coast. This place is ok, but again being from CA it doesn't live up to my expectations of good Mexican food. My husband and I were here with family and friends for our traditional Pre-Thanksgiving festivities. We had a couple of appetizer plates of calamari (a little rubbery, but not bad). I had cheese enchiladas with mole` sauce (a spicy chocolate sauce). It was good and my typical order here. It was served with spanish rice (a little dry) and refried beans. My husband had the Ceviche appetizer as a main dish. He said it was good, but I didn't try it (not my thing). I had 2 peach margaritas which were very good.

The service was very good and attentive. They were constantly checking on us to see if we needed anything, etc.

I agree with other reviewers that the interior is a bit outdated and could use some updates, but it not too bad. It can get very loud in the bar area and a bit quieter in the seating area.

We will be back next Thanksgiving. However, this is not somewhere we typically go during the year.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank krl781
“Delicious but outdated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The food is really delicious, but the place itself is pretty outdated. It's definitely worth checking out though, the food won't let you down.

Durham,CT
“mexican food to love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We go to the Puerto Vallarta in Middletown. The Food and service is always worth the visit. Can't say enough about this place.

Visited October 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“dangerously strong and delicious margaritas, very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

As the years have gone by, even with the opening of several new mexican restaurants in this area, this is still my favorite. You can depend on good quality in the meals and the drinks.

• Visited October 2012