“Very Good Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good authentic Mexican food!! I enjoyed the beef burrito, very big portion and cooked excellent. The tortilla and fresh salsa was excellent!! Worth the try if you like authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We came from California many years ago and moved to CT. We were desperately missing great Mexican food. Eventually, we found Puerto Vallarta in Newington. We have been going there for many years. We especially enjoy the tamales, the vegetarian fare, the shrimp ceasar salad is wonderful. The atmosphere is fun, the wait staff friendly and effecient. We typically go off peak hours, but on a Saturday, there can be a wait. If you are visiting or living near Hartford and craving great Mexican food, definitely go to Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Well decorated, and clean. Music not overly loud. Food presented well, appropriate portions and good value. Just two other tables in use, but took servers a very long time to get our order, recheck, and to get our bill paid. I would still return again.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Horrible! Stale cold food served - We have always patronized Puerto Vallarta anytime we visited CT from Canada, and I have always told my sister who lives in CT about the wonderful eatery. However, one the day in June she agreed to visit the restaurant with me, the food was TERRIBLE. I will never go back there. I 'm sure that we were served leftovers that was cold, and I mentioned it on our way out. I was beyond disappointed. We started patronizing this restaurant many years ago. I think that they are now too big to care for their customers.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Best margaritas ever (so far). I recommend the skinny on rocks. (the only way to drink them ;) )
Husband and I were amazed that we could get decent, tasty, and good value. I think we've been there 10 times now. Sometimes are better, a few choices were not as good. It's the best we've found closest to where we live.
some of the not so traditional choices are OK to fabulous. The low prices go a long way if we pick something new that is just OK. More often then not ours have been really good to yummy!