“Hidden little sushi gem”

Tokyo Cafe Sushi and Hibachi
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Japanese
East Hartford, CT
“Hidden little sushi gem”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We accidentally ran into Tokyo Cafe when searching for real estate in the Newington area. On the way home we noticed the sign and being sushi lovers and hungry after all the searching we decided to give it a try. The place can easily be overlooked because it occupies a corner section of a small retail area but don't let this fool you. There is ample parking the entrance is a little odd but not difficult to get into. We have since been regulars and feel like we've discovered a hidden gem. We always see the same two people working there the lady (who I'm embarrassed to say I don't know her name but I'm going to get it next time) is very sweet and courteous. The pricing is AWSOME.. not expensive at all. We always get too much and pay only $40 which includes soup, salad or an appetizer with about 5-6 orders of sushi rolls. We were there yesterday and I had the seafood miso soup for $3.95 which hit the spot on a cold day and my wife had a seafood salad which I don't recall the name but it was spicy with bits of fish eggs and crunchy bits and oh soo good. We were full at the end but shared a Japanese ice cream which was broken up into pieces flavored with strawbery and green tea and had a sticky rice coating... uhmm yeah that was good too and it was only $1.95. We are NEVER disapointed when coming here. The tables are arranged nicely and would make a great place for a romantic dinner. The décor is also very nice. We come here and feel like we are escaping to our secret special sushi place.

• Visited February 2011