“No Room at the Inn”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newington
Connecticut
“No Room at the Inn”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The ultimate in poor service. I showed up at the hotel after a very long day of work to find that they didn't have a room for me. They had the reservation, but gave my room to someone who decided to stay an extra night. The young clerk had no idea what to do. I had to leave and find another place to stay. Needless to say, we won't try that again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drezen
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newington, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear drezen,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details so we have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed June 24, 2013

They receive you with a bottle of water, rooms are nice, very much the same standard as in all Holiday Inn Express hotels for the right price. There are even good restaurants nearby like a Ruth Chris Staker restaurant. Can't miss.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gmokatz
Kissimmee
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a newer hotel that is clean, comfortable and has good AC in the room. The beds have both soft and firm pillowed with labeled pillowcases. Great choice. I used Hotwire to get the room for around $100 per night.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank surferjoy1
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was a real bad experience. I have stayed at HIEs all over the east coast and this one was the worst. Although the room was large, the lighting was the worst I have ever experienced. When I used the computer I had to tilt the laptop down to see the keyboard. That was with the all the lights on in the room. That should have been a precursor. That night I could hear all the noise from the highway out front as well as a truck parked outside which had it's cooling unit going on and off. The topper was when I could hear the sound of people going to the bathroom at several times of the night. Thank God this is not typical of HIE.

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep stay in the rear of the hotel and walk all the way back. That is only...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank joelay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newington, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear joelay,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely apologize that the room lighting's condition and noise levels experienced inconvenienced you. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and I appreciate you bringing them into our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Regards,

Pam G
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite hotel chain... I don't like the old Holiday Inn but I Love almost all the Holiday Inn Express... More value and less expensive and often more clean and newer!!!

Great room, warm welcome with freebies and added values...

Great spacious room with great high speed Internet... Comfy bed, large flat screen tv and fridge ;-)

Quiet room... Great breakfast in the morning...

A must!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank benoitleblanc
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked this through the Friends and Family Rate and got a very nice room. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

We left very early the next morning, so I can't comment on the breakfast.

I will say that check-in was a breeze and Warren at the front desk was very hospitable. We used a Virgin America Visa credit card to "cover incidentals" and Warren commented that Richard Branson had stayed at this property last week!! Guess he had business in the Newington area.

If we're ever back in this vicinity, I wouldn't think twice about staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank It'sTimeToTravel
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a good, solid, no surprises kind on place. It was clean, the room was big, the television was really nice! We arrived late Friday night and left early Saturday morning. Check in was fast and without any hoopla. This is a new building so everything works, and nothing was broken or in need of repair.

WE had a good nights sleep and went on our way. My only comment is that like most properties today, the continental breakfast did not start until 7:30am, and that was just too late for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RAD1955
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newington, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear RAD1955,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided and the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. I would also like to pologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced because of your breakfast experience. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newington
Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
#2 of 5 in Rocky Hill
Residence Inn Hartford Rocky Hill
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newington? Share your experiences!