“PERFECT”

Holiday Inn Express Newington
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newington
Reviewed July 1, 2012

very clean, quiet and staff was very kind and helpful. Great breakfast ! We will certainly return. Very helpful assistance with caring breakfast back to our room

Room Tip: suggest 2nd floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is brand new. It is clean, the beds and pillows are to die for comfortable, the breakfast was good - pancakes and waffles, the staff was friendly. It is conveniently located and easy to find off the interstate. Stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank litebright
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My first impression of our first stay at this hotel (my business colleague also got a room here) was very good. WOn our way from the airport to a customer site, we had to pick up a package we had sent ahead to the hotel. When I mentioned a package, the friendly person at the front desk knew my name and immediately retrieved the package. When we went back to check in later that day, I wasn't as impressed with the front desk staff people. There was a little bit of a backup checking in, and the young (very young) man who checked us in kept answering phone calls while the other person continued to (presumably) train another front desk employee, rather than helping with check-ins and phones. After getting to my room, the young man called my room and asked me to come back to the front desk so he could make another impression of my credit card, even though I had pre-paid for both rooms and had given him my credit card when I checked in. He apologized, and it was an inconvenience, but not the end of the world. When I went back to the front desk, he again was answering calls and making me wait even longer for something I had already done once. When he referred to the other (very young) desk person as the General Manager to the caller, I was even more disappointed that the GM wouldn't know to stop her training session to help the only other employee who was a bit overwhelmed with check-in guests and phones ringing off the hook. As the the hotel itself, it's in a safe neighborhood, looks new but average, and is in pretty good shape. The rooms were nice, the A/C worked great (which isn't always the case these days), it had internet service, and a very comfy bed with soft and firm pillow options. The breakfast was better than average for this level of hotel. It was like most others, but the fresh cinammon rolls were excellent and the coffee was better than average. All in all, my colleague and I agreed that we would definitely stay here again. The front desk may need a little education on handling the customers who are standing in front of you ahead of training employees and answering phones, but it was mostly a very good hotel stay, and i would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David H
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed overnight at this new Holiday Inn Express. The staff were friendly, down to earth attitude and helpful. The lobby was bright and airy with a side dining room filled with comfortable chairs. The rooms were the type of clean you wish all hotels would abide by, decorated with a soft business overtone. The room had a hairdryer, coffee pot, complimentary coffee, a sitting chair with lamp and a flat screen TV. The beds have a pillow top and pillows have covers indicating soft or firm. The bathroom was very clean. The shower head was the rain shower type with excellent pressure. Full breakfast self serve with everything you want. Great stay overnight. The neighboring store is a gun/ammunition store with a display of an army tank. My daughter said at least we would be safe in case there was a zombie apocalyptic uprising!

Room Tip: Sign up for Privilege Card for room discount. First floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patre
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Conveniently located within easy driving distance of downtown Hartford and its southern suburbs, as well as a wide variety of good restaurants, this brand new facility stands out from its many competitors on the Berlin Turnpike. Rooms are large, clean and mostly comfortable. (The drawbacks, as with so many of the breed, are: pillows that are far too firm and overstuffed, ultra-warm comforters.) Staff is well trained and very helpful..

Room Tip: Road noise is not a problem so ask for a room relatively close to the elevators (and thus in the fro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank See-Ray
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This brand new property is great for business travelers in the Hartford area. I was here for a week and enjoyed my stay tremendously. The rooms were large, bright and clean. The mattress was very comfortable (although some might consider it a tad too firm - but that's what I prefer). The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The included morning breakfast was a nice addition. There were not a lot of restaurants within walking distance, but there were quite a few within a short drive. Overall, a great stay at a very nice property.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry P
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here last weekend for a reunion / birthday party. We had been planning on staying at a friend's house but at the last moment, my husband said he would prefer to stay in a nearby hotel. So we literally walked in without any reservations at all and asked if a room might be available. The front desk staff were exceedingly friendly and not only found a room for us, but a corner room. Having spent the previous two nights at the Affinia Shelburne in NYC, this hotel was by far the more enjoyable. For 1/3 of the price of the Shelburne, we had a room that was twice as large with a newer bed, better pillows and plusher towels. All in all, we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newington
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newington? Share your experiences!