New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Siesta Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newington
Siesta Motel
You added Siesta Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Newington
Newington, Connecticut
“It is alright. It is pretty cheap.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been here for a little less than a month. It is alright. It is an inexpensive motel. There are a lot of, how shall I say, lower quality people here, but for the most part, I have had only a little difficulty with people. I think the owners could be more responsive to my needs. But when it was needed the most, they were able to allow me to switch room to one that didn't have a very disturbing next door neighbor.

I thought the room was comfortable enough, the bed was fair, I had a refrigerator and a couple of burners in the room I am in, a microwave and it had adequate cabinet space. Like I said, I have been here several weeks and I am still here. It can't be too bad if that is the case.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank David D

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

my wife my 1 year old son and I checked in. And we started to settle in after a long drive from washington dc. And we were watching tv when i noticed bugs everwhere. This was scary honestly. Dont take a chance there are bed bugs there. Please listen to me. Stay somewhere else. And before you check in to any hotel ask to see a room. When they show u the room dont turn on the lights use a flashlight and go flip over a pillow and look under the matress. Bed bugs scurry when lights are turned on. Just dont stay at the siesta. My wife and i have collected a bug and brought it to the front desk they said it was some kind of bug but it didnt come from there rooms

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank pauldodgedakota

Travelers are raving about these Newington hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Well we have been here for a week it's ok not that bad and we got the room for $230 a week the only thing i can say is that noon it's very loud here but over all the stay has been ok .....

Room Tip: we stayed on the other side of the office
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jesuri a
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This motel should be shut down. Totally disagree with the above review...if you are black you probably pay less since there were 500 hanging outside of the motel all night long. Rooms are filthy, owners can't speak or understand English at all, so forget any kind of service or repairs. No alarm clocks and when I had someone try to call front desk to wake me up through the room phone.....the owner did not know what phone meant. Pretty sure there was blood dripping down the walls too, no lie, slept with one eye open. Unfortunately i was there working and my boss had the company card so I was stuck there. Will be getting money back!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank nikki6rocks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This owner as with most of the Indians is very racist, childish and rude. They charge what they feel like charging but if you are Black most likely you will pay more. If you stay more than a day or two, they are stingy with supplies and make a very poor bed. The beds themselves are very very uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank lovly2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newington
Holiday Inn Express Newington
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill
BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!