“what do you get for $53.00?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Milford
Boston, MA
“what do you get for $53.00?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

For $53 dollars at the Red Carpet Inn & Suites in New Milford CT you get: a smelly-small room where one of the two beds touches the wall, mice and cockroaches, blood stains on the walls, stained pillow covers, coffee pot but no coffee, rude and drunk front desk owner, harashing phone calls at 3:45AM, harashing trailer trash people who live their and spit on the walkway walls, no parking, no ashpalt, somewhat hot water with no pressure, closed front desk/office after 10pm, regular hourly visit by the police, route 7 traffic 20feet from the room, and last but not least offers from two hookers to use the big red heart shape jacuzzi the leasey motel has for $25.00, which the motel proudly post in the office. I felt it was a bargain for $53.00 a night dollars, my father spent $125.00 for a so called one bedrooms suite, which was actually an old, run down apartment. There were alot of other choices of hotels in the area, which were about $10 more dollars, but we wanted to save money and thought all the places . Oh well I guess the old saying stays true...you get what you pay for. This is one mistake we will not be repeating.

• Liked — Mice
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank dcasio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2007

The Red Carpet in New Milford absolutely TERRIBLE. Red Carpet is a low budget franchise I got that. BUT you cant imagine how dirty this place was. As soon as you drive in to this place you get a scary feeling. there is no parking lot and when we went to check in, we had to ring a bell and we were checked in my a DRUNK front desk clerk in his underwear. Once we go to the room, YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE THE SMELL. IT was soo horrible, my wife almost punked and had to step out side. We went and asked for a refund immidetely, but were refused, the clerk screamed and said you signed the check in form waving you right to a refund. He said the best he can do is give us a different room. The send room we went it, was just as bad but we had cockroaches and mice as our roomates. FINALLY we decided to just leave and go somewhere else. We went to a place right next to them and what a difference. We did not book at the 2nd place because it was not a franchies, what a mistake, it was a good lesson. The second place was great, beyond what we see in hotels. IF YOU LIKE COCKROACHES AND MICE AS YOU ROOMATES AND DRUNK CLERKS AND FOULS SMEELS AND GETTING RIPPED OFF THIS IS YOUR PLACE OTHERWISE STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Liked — the river
  • Disliked — Almost everything, cockroaches, mice, clerk, smell in rooms.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank RgreenTX

Travelers are raving about these New Milford hotels

connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2006

I recently stayed overnight in the redcarpet inn in New Milford, Connecticut and found my stay extremely unpleasant. There were cockroaches in the shower when I entered the bathroom, that ran down the drain as soon as I entered. A most unpleasant sight as you could imagine. When I went to the front desk attendant to complain, he responded to me in a non chalant matter as if this was a normal situation. He did not offer me any compromise or solution. He asked me if the creatures were still there and told me that if they were not that there was nothing he could do for me. I found the staff disrespectful and rude in dealing with this situation. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ENJOY SPENDING TIME WITH CREEPY CRAWLY FRIENDS.

• Liked — location to visit my family
  • Disliked — The Cockroaches
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Supergirlconnecticut
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2006

Just stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in New Milford. Nice location and an adequate room.

The pros - reasonably priced, good location.

The cons - relatively clean but the room still smelled stale and musty, tight parking, poor room layout.

Overall, if you can tolerate a bit of staleness and are planning on just using the room as a place to sleep, this is a fine choice. If you are looking for a high level of cleanliness and freshness, you might want to opt up to a nicer hotel or inn.

Oh - and bring your own shampoo. And a pillow or two from home would be a good idea, as the pillows here are relatively flat.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Heritage Inn
#3 of 4 in New Milford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Hilton Garden Inn Danbury

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!