“Good Locally Owned Motel”

The Rocky River Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Milford
Reviewed July 9, 2014

No big box hotels in New Milford but if you want a nice, clean place to stay you can't beat the Rocky River Inn. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms that are off to the side of the main building. The room was clean and updated with a full kitchen. (There were no pots, pans or dishes.) The hotel is close to downtown where there are lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms on the building to either side have been updated but are a little more expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rwhatzo

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed in a Standard King Room in March 2014 and for the most part it was fine. Main Bedroom/Kitchenette area was very spacious and clean. Bathroom could have used more towels but we were only staying one night. Parking was close enough to room so no issues and we were close enough to Candlewood Lake and Litchfield so this Inn is in a prime location.

There was an issue with the refrigerator door not fully closing and I don't quite understand why you would have a Kitchenette available and no dishes/pots/pans in the cupboard. Mind you, I didn't need or want the kitchenette but it seemed strange. Please keep in mind I used the online reservation system (including inputting my credit card info) and the Inn did not have my reservation. I needed to wait for a room to be assigned, have that room switched out by the desk clerk after I already started to bring in my stuff all at approx 10pm. I would recommend that if you book online that you call the Inn and confirm verbally that the reservation had been received.

Regardless, I would definitely recommend Rocky River Inn and look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North End are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank eminker
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here in late October 2013. I don't know what the regular rooms are like, but the rooms in the newly renovated building are lovely--extremely comfortable king bed, flat-screen TV, and gorgeous bathroom with deep Jacuzzi tub and separate glassed-in shower. The place doesn't look very impressive from the outside, but that doesn't matter. "Joe" behind the desk was very welcoming and tipped us off that Kent was a nice town to visit--we followed his advice and had a great lunch in a picture-perfect New England town.

My only suggestions would be that they post instructions on how to work the Jacuzzi (it seemed to have a mind of its own), include a bit of storage space, and provide an extra blanket. These are minor points, though--I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room in the renovated part of the inn. I didn't see the regular rooms, but they...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crossfinn
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our golden retriever. This restricted our stay to an economy room, but that was fine as we were not looking for luxury on this trip. There is a huge field behind the hotel, so this is a perfect place to stay with your dog. The river runs along the field, very lovely. The room was clean and the price was very affordable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank bethany40
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our room was in the building behind the office. Very clean and spacious. Great for the price. It is a nice place for if you are just needing a place to sleep because really didn't have amenities which was fine with us. Room big and bathroom was nicely decorated and large.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wbam
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It's been a while since we've last been here, about 1 1/2 years, but I look forward to going back. We stayed here several times - before, during & after (most) of their renovations. The owners were always super nice & helpful. We even got an upgrade, at no additional charge, to one of their deluxe rooms one time. When the fishing club my husband belongs to all stayed here, they had no problem with the guys parking their trucks & boats on the lawn & welcomed us doing cookouts as well. The only thing missing from this gem is a continental breakfast. I would definitely recommend Rocky River if you're in the Candlewood area!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I have been here three times while visiting in the area. We love how clean and orderly it is. Also, the owners are kind and we even get upgrades when they're available. The scenery is perfect...rolling hills and expanses of green! We'll keep coming back. A great value for our money!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ethan Allen Hotel
#1 of 15 in Danbury
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa

Been to The Rocky River Inn? Share your experiences!