“terrible and disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Milford
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
“terrible and disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

the first time I stayed at the heritage was 2010 when I was over for my twin sisters wedding. I came away absolutely loving it.
I have not long come back from a visit and was one of the things I was looking forward to again. unfortunately it was the exact opposite of what it was like the first time. i really hate using my card to pay for things when i am in a different country and as i am from England, i had left my cards at my twins home in Boston for safe keeping and just brought cash.
unfortunately it seems at the heritage, cash is no longer king. they refused to check us in without a card. if it wasn't for my twin and her in laws we would have had no way of staying there. i borrowed my twins card after a lot of talking down to me by the manager "Nathan" who made me feel i was a pain and a waste of his time. when my twin went in a few hours later to give him the card he spoke to her like rubbish and was arrogant and snappy.
the most worrying thing to happen was this -later that night after me and my husband got back from visiting my twins in laws, we had a note pushed through our door saying her card had failed. my twin had to pay off her card that day as soon as she heard we would be needing it and it would clear the following day. as we were there for 4 days there should not have been an issue with the card. what Nathan had tried to do was charge the card that day rather than the day we leave as should have been the case. the next morning we were packed and my twin and in laws saw to it we left as soon as possible. Nathan only then became apologetic, but it was too late.
so basically they were rude obnoxious arrogant and seriously not to be trusted with anyones card details.
an hour later we were able to book into another hotel called the homestead inn, it is still only 5 mins walk away from the centre of town and straight away the atmosphere was welcoming and comfortable. it is also cheaper! so if you feel you might book his hotel, don't, book the homestead. so many others are turning to their after more and more bad experiences at the heritage

Julia osborn

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Julia O
Bennardo, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize for any inconvenience that occurred at the Heritage Inn. We do have policies on credit cards and we work hard to protect the credit card holder at all times. Again we do apologize and hopefully you will try us again. Please email me anytime when in the area.

Rosaria Sproviero
Regional GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Heritage Inn while attending a wedding in Litchfield, CT. We were somewhat skeptical at first when we entered through a sliding barn door on the side of the building. There was no one manning the front desk but instructions to dial Room 21 which we did and the Innkeeper came right out. The steps up to our second floor room were somewhat dark with worn carpeting. The room was quite large, very clean, and had everything we needed including iron/ironing board and hair dryer. The TV was a new flatscreen and the King bed was wonderfully comfortable. We had excellent Internet connection. The location was perfect; right in the heart of New Milford. Just a block away on Bank Street, we had many choices for dining. We ended up at Lucia's and had an amazing meal!! If you keep in mind that you are staying in a historical (old) building and take advantage of the ideal location, you will have a great stay as we did. We originally had booked three nights but needed to change our travel plans. The staff was very accommodating and did not charge us for the 3rd night. This was very impressive as well. We would definitely stay again if I'm the area.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank KathyUrsula
PARK RIDGE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was stranded in Danbury CT during the nor'easter earlier this week. I called every hotel in Danbury but there were no rooms. Expanding my search, I called the Heritage Inn and spoke to a lovely woman named Marta. Somehow I mentioned I couldn't find a room in Danbury and she offered to call the Heritage's sister properties to see if she could find something. (I had already called both hotels and neither had an opening.) She called me back 15 minutes later and told me she had booked me a room at a hotel in Danbury. These hotels have been extremely busy due to the hurricane and power outages and I'm sure Marta had been working 18 hours a day for the past two weeks, yet, she went completely out of her way to help me. This counts for something!! Thank you Marta!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

On arrival to New Milford and after a flight from the United Kingdom and a drive from New York we reached The Heritage Inn,parking was at the side of the building so we walked along a dirty track accompanied by a dirty looking b&b with windows that you could not see in.All doors were locked and after having knocked on the front door a young man opened it and in we went.It was a dark foyer with dirty walls and in need of a good coat of paint,the place was very morbid and quiet and as i approached the small check in desk my shoes was sticking to the carpet it was that dirty! My husband looked at me and i at him and we did not speak we just turned around and walked out of the building as we coudn't possibly of stayed there as we had seen enough.The cost was £60.00 for the night which on arrival back in the UK they had deducted from my credit card,which i knew would happen on a no show, but after driving a short distance down the road we found a motel of the same price and was lovely,clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Always ask to see your rooms first especially when travelling around the USA.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UnitedKingdomStella

Travelers are raving about these New Milford hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Go elsewhere!Towels are ripped. Rooms are dark and dingy. People are unfriendly.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank nycfamily1997
Lexington, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Not horrible, but far from good. No air circulation and stuffy. The windows are sealed for crime prevention reasons and the heater/ac? does not bring in fresh air as there is no vent to the outside. The ceiling fan just circulates stale air. The door lock was hard to open and the bed was lumpy. My wife found dirt in the room corners.

The plus is downtown New Milford is at your doorstep.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles G
Bennardo, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback. As you must be aware we are a historical inn and therefore are windows are sealed to protect the integrity of the building structure.

Thank you for staying at the Heritage Inn.
Rosaria Sproviero
York, ME
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I staying in this Inn for a short business trip and found it to be spotlessly clean, the staff wonderfully friendly and hospitable. My room was quite roomy and warm. The breakfast had much more variety than I expected, with something for everyone from yogurt and wonderful looking muffins to a stratta that was so tasty to freshly made waffles. It was quiet and very comfortable. I slept like a baby and awoke much later than I usually do at home!!! The owners were quite nice. I will definitely return. Very good value.

Room Tip: My room was pictures with white bedspreads and was on the main level across from the kitchen. I ch...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Danbury
Hampton Inn Danbury
#3 of 15 in Danbury
Hilton Garden Inn Danbury

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!