“Yokohama Still the Best and Always Delicious!”
Review of Yokohama

Yokohama
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in New Milford
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'm writing this second review -- I've never done this before -- to address some issues raised by another reviewer who claims that there has been a change of staff, updated decor and also claims that the food isn't as picturesque (my word) as it has been in the past. Fooey. On all counts.

I do not have any connection whatsoever to the Restaurant or its owner or staff. I am simply a loyal customer.

First, over a period of years, all businesses have a degree of turnover. Yokohama is not an exception but its staff has remained basically unchanged for years. One waitress has been there for more than 5 years, another 7 I think. Nicky the owner is always there and evenings you will find Cindy, his wife. Heaven has been a sushi chef for a long time and is about as lovely a person as you will ever meet.

Second, a change of decor? Hardly! The walls are still lined with hundreds (thousands?) of Polaroids of their customers. Maybe because the walls are almost full this reviewer calls this a change of decor. If anything, I'd say that Yokohama has stayed almost exactly the same for as long as I've been going there i.e. since its predecessors opened the doors.

Third, the food has been consistently delicious and of the same exact size. Nothing has changed. Hand rolls are still the same size. Sushi Deluxe -- my favorite - still the same size. Chicken Teriyaki, Gyoza, still the same size. I could go on and one but you get my point.

Fourth and finally, I challenge guests to not be wowed by the food "decorations" as the reviewer calls them. Last night I took a picture of one of Nicky's creations and have added it here. That's him poking out from behind it.

Please, please, please don't hesitate to try Yokohama. You will not be disappointed and you will have a delicious dinner.

I wonder if that reviewer was in the right restaurant?

2  Thank Bins2

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been several times for dinner/lunch and every time we are amazed. Everything is fresh and prepared with precision. This is our go to place for sushi. Waitstaff is friendly and knowledgeable. Had the seafood soup for the first time at lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to our next meal.

1  Thank Beachfamilybum
Reviewed January 10, 2013

And have your picture taken and put on the wall!....but seriously, the fresh food and friendly staff make for a great meal! Leave me some room at the Sushi bar....

Reviewed December 12, 2012

You'd never guess one of the best sushi places in western Connecticut sits right on route 7 in New Milford across from Staples and other everyday stores. Whether you just want a couple of rolls or you want high end exotic Japanese fare, you can go either way at this great spot. Excellent service at the sushi bar and in the dining area, good beer and wine selection and specials are always available and changing. will return again and again.

1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed November 16, 2012

As unlikely as it may seem, this strip-mall sushi spot far from the ocean has delectable fish dishes. In fact, everything is Manhattan or L.A. quality -- fresh and inventive. If they offer a nightly special of, say, a soft-shell crab roll or eel sushi, jump right in. Their hot dishes are also first-rate. Sukiyaki, tempura, udon dishes are bountiful and yummy. We've been coming here for 12 years and everyone in the family loves it. The wait staff is very polite and eager to please, so speak clearly and be patient if they are learning English. Imagine if you had to learn an Asian language quickly! There are thousands of snapshots on the walls of the extremely happy groups who've dined here. If you go once, your gang may soon join the collection.

2  Thank ManhattanAdwoman