“I order from here often, I should be part owner lol” 5 of 5 bubbles

Yokohama
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in New Milford
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut
“I order from here often, I should be part owner lol”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I love love their sushi (spicy tuna roll especially)It's one of the best I have ever eaten. I order quite often from them.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank kary84

Washington, Connecticut
“Best Sushi in New Milford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've been going here since it opened 13 or so years ago. The sushi is Top quality!! the creations of new rolls they create on a regular basis are amazing!! The fresh specials couldnt be any more live wich means they're really fresh!! Everything I've ever had ( & I'm a regular) is always 2 die 4!! Nothing but an AAA+++ from me! if you've haven't been here YOU MUST GO!! :)

Visited March 2012
New York, NY
“Best Sashimi in CT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We love this restaurant. The sushi & sashimi are always fresh. Each dish is artistically presented, a different way each time. Well worth the drive and the money. Don't hesitate to try it.

Visited August 2012
New Milford, Connecticut
“Home Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I love Yokohama and for years all I would eat there was the shrimp tempora (which is excellent). Then one day my family ordered the colby beef rolls (a special that day) and everytime I go there I try something new, including raw fish rolls. If you are there with a date or just a friend i reccomend the Love Boat, you may not be able to find it on the menu but order it. The sushi comes out on a boat and there is a little of everything you could possibly want. Prepare to have at least 100$ on you plus something for a tip. The people who run and own the resturant are very kind and the service is exceptional.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank muttmutthead
New York City, New York
“Meet Chef Kevin and His Spectacular, Lit Up Sashimi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

For many years, I have been a customer of the many incarnations of Japanese restaurants in this location. Frankly, I miss Vicki who was the owner of the second; she was always interested in learning a nuance of the English language and I was always appreciative of her help with Chinese characters. Be that as it may, present owners Cindy and her husband Nicky are lovely people who serve absolutely delicious food, always fresh and always a beautiful sight to behold! On a recent visit, my friend's Sashimi Deluxe was prepared - or I might say, assembled - by Chef Kevin who is a master at creating dishes that are not only delicious to eat but delicious to look at. Using battery operated ice cubes and other things that glow, this night's masterpiece was about 18 inches tall and resembled a castle, replete with a moat and palace guards made out of fish. What a sight! Nicky makes fantastic shapes, too, out of radishes and other edibles. I feel guilty eating some of these because they really should be preserved and placed on the mantle at home. While I love these touches, please don't misunderstand. They are not gimmicks that detract in any way from the dining experience.

Sit at the sushi bar and your meal always starts off with a complimentary small dish of something that Kevin or Nicky already have in front of them. Like in Japan, watching the food prep is a spectacle unto itself and always enjoyable. I especially like watching the peeling of a very fine, continuous 6 inch strip of cucumber. This takes a lot of skill and practice, practice, practice.

My Wife has no interest whatsoever in sushi but somehow always finds something to eat and she always likes it although the chef is not very accommodating about making changes and there is clearly a language problem with the waitresses if you veer off course. For example, if you don't want onions in a dish, it's best to ask Nicky to confirm your order otherwise you might be disappointed.

Lighting is comfortably dim and people who sit at the sushi bar are usually respectful of the Japanese dining experience that is a lot about refinement and subtlety. Rarely have there been any screaming kids running around.

In sum, the sushi here is delicious and equal to if not better than most I have tried in the City. Hatsuhana it's not but, hey, the price is right and you're in New Milford, right?

• Visited May 2012