“Excellent Italian - if your in New Milford, Eat Here”
Review of La Piccolina

La Piccolina
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in New Milford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Northern Italian - authentic home made food
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have eaten at LaPiccolina many times and the food is always so good. I was rather disappointed this last visit because they took filet mignon off the menu and it was always so good. I hope they bring it back. We love the tomato and mozzarella, bruscetta, and their specials. I had the pear salad with shrimp and it was very good but I wish it was a bigger portion for a dinner meal. I asked if it was big and told it was, but it was more like a side salad and not a meal salad. Can't go wrong with the Italian dishes.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was born in New Milford in 1958, and haven't returned since leaving in 1965. My spouse and I made the town a stop on our recent East Coast vacation. I'm glad La Piccolina wasn't there in '65; as - at age 7 - I'd have never appreciated the fabulous lunch we had! We were both delighted with our plates; mine a seafood pasta (with mussels!), Jose's a seafood soup. Fresh-baked home-made bread, superb service, everything hot and fresh. I hope to return before 2061! Thanks for everything, guys.

1  Thank ESLTomas
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I held my daughter's baptism luncheon at La Piccolona and it was absolutely perfect.

My guests were so impressed with the quality of the food and the coziness of the venue. The Chef worked with us to create a menu that was tailored to what our guests would like. The food was amazingly delicious and made with the freshest ingredients; and beautifully prepared from the Filet Mignon, the Veal Scallopini, to the Spaghetti with shrimp, calamari and mussels-just to name a few entrees-and not one guest was disappointed.

Owners Chef Carlos and Sandra were so accommodating throughout the planning process from offering such a lovely and expansive menu to setting up the restaurant as we wished for thr private party. Sandra set up the tables with such attention to detail making sure everything was elegant and even going as far as matching the printed menus to the flower centerpieces. Sandra and her staff made sure each guest was tended to throughout the luncheon and this was really appreciated by my guests.

La Piccolina created such a memorable luncheon for our friends and family and we can't thank Chef Carlos and Sandra enough.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I prefer La Piccolina to any of the other Italian restaurant in the greater New Milford area. The home-made pasta is mouth watering, light and so flavorful. The beet salad is the best I've ever had, but it is so large that I'm almost full by the time I get the entree. However, I still manage to enjoy the entree and usually order one of their outstanding desserts, as well! The chef is extremely creative, and the atmosphere is welcoming and charming. The staff is always gracious. We are definitely sold on this gem.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Homemade Tuscan entrees and desserts. Delicately flavored foods and friendly service make you feel you were transported to Tuscany. Family owned and operated. Perfect.