“Not very fabulous”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Northern Italian - authentic home made food
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My daughter and I stopped in to La Piccolina on the recommendation of a friend who eats there often so I had high expectations. The restaurant decor is tired and dated. The service is slow. The food is mediocre at best. The portions are on the small side.

My daughter ordered ravioli and got barely enough for a dinner serving. I ordered a salad which was tasty enough but smothered in dressing. My grilled salmon was overcooked and salty.

I doubt we will be making a second trip.

1  Thank photobella

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Great food and right across the green in New Milford. A great little gem that should not be missed.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We believe in supporting our local businesses & have eaten at this restaurant many times. We have found Sandra the owner to be pleasant but never apologetic for poor food or slow service. Unfortunately after our dinner Oct. 8, 2011 we will no longer be supporting this business. We arrived at 6:30 pm ordered and then sat for 1.5 hrs. with nothing but a few slices of bread. Something must have happened in the kitchen because everyone was waiting. The part that is unacceptable is the non communication from the management & staff. Things happen but to not communicate to your customers or offer an apology or comp. a glass of wine is unacceptable. To make matters worse our daughter received her entree 15 mins prior to ours arriving. It was soggy & barely edible. By the time ours arrived we were so upset that we choked it down requested the check & left. Advice to others: Go to Tivoli's, Salsa's, Brickhouse or White Horse.

1  Thank Mia S
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This small local restaurant serves wonderful Northern Italian style food. Real homemade pasta that will make eating it an experience to savor. Everything is light and tasty, salads, soups inventive specials, delicious desserts that all start with the freshest of ingredients. It has quickly become our favorite restaurant. Our favorites: The red beet & goat cheese salad, Pear Salad, Minestrone soup with mini meatballs, homemade lasagne, pan seared brussel sprouts, fresh fish and chicken dishes, and bignie ice cream filled puff pastry with warm chocolate sauce! This is not a fast food run of the mill place. Go here if you want a delicious meal, freshly prepared with love. Located on the quaint Village Green in New Milford.

1  Thank Phyllis_Sch
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is a favorite restaurant of relatives, so we took them out to dinner here on a Friday night. It is very brightly lit, opens out onto the main street, and reminded me of a Chinese restaurant withItalian grape leaf motifs, as far as the atmosphere. We took our own bottlle of wine, which is apparently allowed in Connecticut. There was an opening and serving charge, although it was a small charge.
Our waitress was friendly, but very young, and acted as if she was on one of her very first shifts as a waitperson. Not helpful as far as recommending dishes or suggesting what we might enjoy, except to point out the specials already given to us on a printed card. We did immediately receive a plate of foccacia bread, which was refilled for us during the meal after we asked for more.
I opted for the ala carte salad [this restaurant uses the Italian style of multiple courses, all ala carte], followed by the fresh sea scallops on the special. Our food arrived relatively promptly, Mine was not hot, but was an edible temperature. The portion was small, but that was OK. We finished eating, paid and left. No desire to share a coffee or dessert. I would try many other rated restaurants from Trip Advisor before I came back here for a meal.

1  Thank MSUmindy