“This was a great Restaurant. But it's now closed...”
Review of Milano's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Milano's
Cuisines: Italian
Roxbury,CT
“This was a great Restaurant. But it's now closed...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I loved Milano's but there is a new restaurant there now. Not crazy about the food there. Still the same bar. Milanos was the best thing that every happened to New Milford. I miss them so much. If you want Italian food, try Matteos Restaurant, Gary's Rib House is wonderful too.
I rated Milano's Excellent.. but it's gone now :(. I'm rating Matteo's Good. Don't stay for the
redneck karaoke, unless you want a good laugh.. Gary's is also Excellent.!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MineinUSA

New York
“Best Italian food in NM”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Good "Bronx style" Italian food. Best in New Milford. Most of the other "Italian" restaurants in the area are "watered down" versions. Great homemade Tiramisu. Average prices. Friendly staff and good service. Never had a bad meal here or bad service. Nice atmosphere as well.

P.S.I don't know what restaurant "krokro" is talking about but it doesn't sound like the Milano's in New Milford. No "Mexican food" or cheesy signs on the wall. Why would you order Mexican at an Italian place anyway?

1 Thank TravelNY1300
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicous and helpful service contending your ever need”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Best restaurant I've ever aten in my entire life the tortellin soup is to die for the service is the best in town november 6 2010 was my best experience at milanos my favorie restaurant I wrote a poem saying how much I love the place and presented it to the owner vinny was so touched he sounded like he was about to cry he put the poem in the window and there it dtill hangs

1 Thank xosoccerlove22xo
New Milford, Connecticut
“Looks like its' going out of business soon...THANK GOD!”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I have been a long time contributor to TRIPADVISOR and, as my previous reviews will indicate, I have always tried to be fair, patient and understanding with the unique challenges involved will the restaurant/hotel business.
I am a 30 year resident of the town of New Milford, and we have always enjoyed going to the various restaurants that have operated at this location over the years. Our experience on July 31 of this year makes us expect that the current owners of Milano's Restaurant will soon face the the bankruptcy this place so desperately deserves. It is a beautiful old building and we hoped the new owners would do justice to its' wonderful ambience. We walked in on a SATURDAY NIGHT during Village Fair Days, a huge draw for the downtown area, when every other restaurant was filled to overflowing. Milano's had maybe two diners at the time(always a danger sign) It is supposedly an Italian restaurant, but the menu had featured a separate menu of "Mexican Specialties"(another danger sign). I chose something called "Mexican Pork Chops" After an extended wait, my dinner arrived and it was a SINGLE PORK CHOP not CHOPS. This would have been fine. I would have over looked a small typo on the menu and if the Pork Chop in question was of a generous portion, I would have been fine. However, this pork chop was so undersized and the rice and beans side dish so small (has the wholesale price of rice and beans risen so dramaticly?), that there was simply not enough to eat for $15. I very politely reminded the waitress that the menu very clearly says PORK CHOPS.(Plural) She must have talked to the owner, who then came over and he said something like "Aaayyy, is there a problem here?" I told him about the Pork Chop/Pork Chops issue on the menu.He then said "it says Pork Chop' After simply looking at the menu and after seeing the Pork Chops listed on HIS RESTAURANT"S MENU, he said "Yeah, we gotta change that." AND THAT WAS IT! We did not want or expect compensation for this. I did not ask for or expect an adjustment in the bill or ask something free. We are all human and mistakes will happen. Instead, all we got was a response that was essentially, "Oh well, it sucks to be you."
If this was an episode from "The Sopranos" it might be almost funny. It is quite sad. This location has one of the most pleasant, atmospheric Bar/Restaurant areas in New Milford. The bar is vintage and exquisitely carved. Milano' has it looking like a Hell's Angels Clubhouse, hung with badly hand lettered signs advertising 25 cent wings and Karaoke Nights. We can only hope that a year from now we can reenter these premises under new ownership, enjoy a good meal and file our July 31, 2010 Milano's visit under our "Top Ten worst restaurant experiences."

Bethel, Connecticut
“Love this place”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Authentic Italian food freshly prepared by Carmine, the co-owner and chef. Delicious pasta, seafood, and chicken dishes. Fun Hollywood memorabilia adorns the walls. Super friendly owners and service is consistently great- a rarity in New Milford. Prices are good, too. I've had them cater a couple of parties- Very reasonable rates, and people always love the food.

1 Thank hcdinergirl